Paging folks to the main board...

mquirkygirl
on 9/11/10 3:46 pm - New York City, NY
Even after all I said, she still says she needs pointers.  *headdesk*

Someone?  Anyone?  I'm done saying my piece.

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4239214/Making-the-Decision/

5'10", HW: 326/SW: 280/CW: 181/Goal: 165

NancyBluEyes
on 9/11/10 8:19 pm - SouthOfTheCities, MN
You went above and beyond Melody. What a "pay it forward"! 
Nancy  Remember what you deserve. Be good to you. Do good to you. 
5'11"    HW 419 / SW 382 / CW 205 / GW 180

kidnee
on 9/11/10 9:41 pm - WILLIAMSTOWN , NJ
 I agree, you said all there is to be said.  she needs to make her own decision. I agree, her heart is def not in it.  Like we all know, the DS is not for Sissys!!!!  AMEN

Donna      HW 242   SW 227  CW 117 

larra
on 9/12/10 1:49 am - bay area, CA
Awesome job, Melody! And sadly, there is nothing more to be said. She just isn't ready yet, and if she does have an operation, any operation, she's going to struggle emotionally. I hope she gets some psych counseling and waits til she's truly ready for the changes that surgery brings.

Larra
Batwingsman
on 9/12/10 4:56 am, edited 9/12/10 4:57 am - Garland, TX
Well, that EWL % comparison chart you posted I admit looks kinda confusing (and discouraging) ..    It shows the 4-6 year out retention/regain levels at around the same figures for RNY and DS ..  and even the long term 6+ year figures at being about the same for "banded" RNY and DS ..       

Where did you get that chart and how old are the figures?       I wonder if there was some "bias" in its preparation .. 

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

mquirkygirl
on 9/12/10 2:38 pm - New York City, NY
How on earth is that chart confusing?  At the top, it tells you how to read it.  The main thing I was tring to show her was the failure rate of RNY vs DS.  She didn't say anything about a banded RNY, which, I highly doubt anyone embarks on their WLS journey with this particular configuration in mind.

5'10", HW: 326/SW: 280/CW: 181/Goal: 165

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1082 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1259 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 512 views