Body dysmorphic or a fuddy-duddy?

CharleeG
on 4/10/11 2:57 pm - Jonesboro, AR
I like dress 1, mainly because it's purple. I don't think you need that much coverage, but get the jacket/sleeve thing for cool nights.
Dress 2 is right out - verging on tacky/not MotG appropriate.
Dress 3 - I think you could rock the hell out of it. I *personally* don't like it - the bodice/shrug bits are great but the skirt is too fussy.

That simple ****tail dress Sia linked to is eff'n gorgeous!! It gets my vote - but then if you don't want your arms nekkid, you'd have to get a jacket and, well... Still gorgeous.

Julie R.
on 4/10/11 10:30 pm - Ludington, MI
I love Sia's choice too....and the color is PERFECT.    I bet I could find some type of dressy shrug to go with it, eh?    Talbots might even have something.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/11 10:49 pm
For dressy shrugs and wrap**** up a Steinmart if you have one within driving distance.  Their stuff is very classy, sometimes even overly so, and well priced.
KimberlyHeidi
on 4/11/11 2:07 am - VA
 I love that one and the 3rd one but think you would be gorgeous in any of them! 
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/11 3:00 pm
I'd go for the blue one. Covers the arms and looks HOT and elegant. The purple one is too old looking and the the green one looks too reptilian. Like you've got scales.

Really, you're gonna look great. Dress for comfort and just enjoy yourself.

Dana
Crazeru
on 4/10/11 3:27 pm
I'm a purple girl, so I like #1, but it's also elegant.  #2 is too ****tail for an outdoor wedding.  #3 is kind of cute, but wouldn't be my choice.  Go shopping and take pics and we'll vote!  I'm sure that you'll rock anything that you choose.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

kirmy
on 4/10/11 8:37 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I'm with your sister!  Go the duchess satin figure hugger.  As for the calf muscles...wear opaque tights!!!  I hate the fish scale dress....I always think they look like some hideous dermatological condition.......

You are skinny....stop layering up and strut your stuff and that means no pensioner attire Mrs!

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
girlygirl1313
on 4/10/11 10:36 pm - Davidson, NC
 The mirror tells me a different story every day.  I hate it.  Dresses can be altered or ordered.  Take pictures of yourself in various dresses and give your brain time to get used to the idea that YOU LOOK GREAT!!!

~GG

lk1970
on 4/10/11 11:16 pm
Julie, Come down to GR and shop... I agree with your sister on the first one! You are too hot and young to wear something like that with your rockin figure!
Hugs,
Lisa

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

PattyL
on 4/10/11 11:53 pm
 OK, here's something no one else has brought up yet.  Wedding is outdoors, rural Montana, on a lake.  Do you have to walk on dirt/grass?  If you do, forget the heels.  They will sink in the dirt and the best case scenario is you will walk out of your shoes.  Worst case, you will fall.  And that won't be pretty.  Have you thought about looking for a dress that will go with flat shoes?  Or a wedge?  Anything but stilettos?  This is the voice of experience speaking.  I love heels but never again will I wear them to a 'natural' wedding.

BTW, Kalispell is beautiful and the area is stunning.  I would suggest you drive and find a little extra time for sightseeing.  There is a small town named Hamilton, south of Kalispell.  Their claim to fame is a sapphire mine.  Montana sapphires are beautiful!  You can go there and mine for sapphires.  It's a lot of fun and you may see some wildlife too.  The last time I was there, a moose stuck his head in my car window and I found about 10 gem quality stones.  And I survived the moose 'attack', he was just a curious yearling.

About the dress, it's pretty but very safe and comfy.  You don't want to out shine the bride but you could take another step out on the limb.  For one thing, that dress is just too long!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 371 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 822 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views