Body dysmorphic or a fuddy-duddy?

lauralisi
on 4/11/11 1:20 pm - Dona Ana, NM
Julie,
You are a beautiful woman.  Dress#1 is lovely and modest.  I think modesty is beautiful.
Dress#2 looks is too low-cut and too clinging.
Dress#3 is too low-cut and mac add "visual bulk"

Discerning people can detect your killer figure without your revealing it! 

goodkel
on 4/11/11 5:13 pm
You and I have the same coloring and that blue dress would pop out the color of your eyes and your hair. It covers batwings and ruching is always slimming. I'd buy it just for a night on the town.

Wear it with sky-high heels (you can change into something shorter once the reception gets more relaxed and dance-like) and a multi-strand pearl choker and drop earrings.

You will knock them dead, gorgeous lady!
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Katy S.
on 4/11/11 5:37 pm - WA
 I wouldn't worry about what the bride's mom picks. I just went to a wedding the MOTB wore a beautiful pant suit but she is in her 60's (still a very pretty pant suit) MOTG wore a HIDEOUS bright pink dress with silver flowers lol...

I like the 2 you tried on and the ****tail one, I say find something similar and a cropped light jacket/light sweater (like a thin material black sweater with 3/4 sleeves) or a wrap... definitely something to fit your figure

the first 2 posted are a NO GO... the first one reminds me of someone in their 80s, and in fact looks like the hideous pink dress with silver flowers only in a different color haha...

the third I like the cuts/lines but not the layering... even being worried about your calves I would be wary of seeing yourself differently because you're saying youre a size 2/4 your calves cannot be anything compared to my fat butt at a wedding... no one will be looking :)

I can't wait to see what you pick!!
"Hi, my name is Katy...and I am a meat eating spin junkie"
HW: 336/DOS: 306/CW: 153/GW: 140?
~ CSz: 5 - S/M

* G1: 199# 09/28/11 * G2: 175# 11/30/11 * G3: 160# 12/09/11(
"People too weak to follow their dreams, will always try to find a way to discourage yours"

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/11 1:00 am - Lafayette, IN
 i would definitely keep looking. the first one .... you arent that old AND you are gorgeous, no need to down play that. while you dont want to upstage the bride but you do need to be true to yourself. there is a dress out there somewhere screaming your name. go try some on and take pics, then you can post and we can give you feedback. i do understand wanting to cover your arms. i do think some of the problem may be that you just dont see yourself the way others do. i always get a second opinion from one of my daughters before i even take the tags off a new outfit. they are constantly telling me my clothes are too "old" or too big. whatever dress you end up choosing, you will look beautiful.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 371 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 822 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views