Someone on the main board asking about DS

Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/12/11 7:10 am - Tuvalu

Nah... it gives me street cred when people who have been banded three months try to convince me what a miracle the LapBand is!

Larissa P.
on 4/12/11 7:34 am - Denton, TX
THANK YOU for having a sense of humor and not getting huffy if we "diss" a certain surgery. :) What a breath of fresh air you are!
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
DSn NOT BSn
on 4/12/11 9:49 am
Happy to Oblige.  Consider it done.
red Rose            Let Your Heart See What Your Eyes Cannot.  
* WWW.DSFACTS.COM
* Duodenal Switch Information Zone->
www.duodenalswitch.com/
* Dr. Hess' first DS patient 23 yrs ago->http://www.dshess.com/->Click link left column->First BSD/DS
* DS laparascopic animation->www.youtube.com/watch
  * DS animation->www.youtube.com/watch
* Vetted DS Surgeons-> http://www.dsfacts.com/North-American-Duodenal-Switch-Surgeo ns.html
* DS Forum->http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/a,messageboard/board_id,5357/

* Vitamins Source->
www.vitalady.com
Be the kind of woman that,when your feet hit the floor in the morning,the devil says,"OH NO, She's Up!"
SW/317CW/160s-170s   

Diane Davis
on 4/13/11 4:03 pm
Back in 2009 was when I first considered WLS per my PCP's suggestion.  I went into it investigating the lap band.  The surgeon I went to the first time strongly urged me to reconsider due to the fact even though he performed them, he didn't feel they were as successful as the RNY.
So, I went to my first class and heard about the Lap Band, RNY, and just a brief reference of the DS (He does not perform the DS).  So I was going for the RNY.  My surgery was scheduled for June 9th, 2010. After being on the RNY board for almost a year, I knew something wasn't right with this surgery, call it a gut feeling, and I cancelled it at the last minute.  I had made up my mind that if it meant the Lap Band, RNY, or no surgery, it would be no surgery.

Last fall my PCP began urging me again about WLS and then a light came on in my little brain.  I remembered a slight reference to the DS.  I began researching it, studying it, and came on this board and now I know this is the surgery for me.

Insurances do not like covering just the sleeve,  nor would I just want that due to the fact I need the malabsorption, only want to be cut once, do not want my weight to rebound upward.

I'm in the hands of the insurance company at present, jumping through their hoops, have been since last October, but will persevere, because I have peace and know this is right for me.

Do your research, please go to dsfacts.com and read it front to back.

Welcome and good luck with making a decision.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
lauralisi
on 4/13/11 4:41 pm - Dona Ana, NM
"gut feeling" lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1071 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1237 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 509 views