Do you drink alcohol?

mhiggins
on 5/10/11 11:10 pm
I 1st drank about 2 months post op, started slow w a few sips of wine (later turned into the whole bottle) Booze affects me no differently now then b4 surgery, I can still drink the same amount and be drunk for the same amount of time. We are all different.
Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

KellyJTn
on 5/10/11 11:12 pm - Oak Ridge, TN
My first drink was about 6 months post-op, and I only had 1. I felt buzzed very quickly, and was completely sober again within 5 minutes. I've had 3-4 drinks since then with the same exact effect. The only way to keep a buzz is to continuously drink without stopping.  And I also do not get the hangover feeling anymore. I wake up feeling completely fine :)

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

Elizabeth N.
on 5/11/11 12:51 am - Burlington County, NJ
My surgeon asks his patients to wait a year, and I did. I don't tolerate hard stuff except in mixers, and prefer wine or beer, bearing in mind that they are not low carb options. Many people report getting "buzzed" quickly and sobering up quickly. I don't experience it that way. If I am not cognizant of how much I'm drinking, it can hit me with a sledgehammer a couple hours LATER and it takes me a long time to sober up. So I have to be careful, if I'm in the mood to be careful, that is :-p.
(deactivated member)
on 5/11/11 2:07 am
mel1964
on 5/11/11 2:28 am
i do drink but it hits harder and i get sober fast. i also have had problems with alcohol as once i seemed to black out, it felt like i missed three hours! i was at home and went to bed first but i noticed that i have incidents where i cannot tolerate alcohol at all so i only drink one drink (vodka or whiskey or some clear or brown liquour) and i try to walk it off or limit myself to wine in public. as you can see dsers handle alcohol different but the common factors seem to be hard and fast

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/11 4:00 am - Woodbridge, VA
I don't drink frequently, but still a handful of times throughout the year (though this team at my new job seems to like their happy hours...). I've been to two happy hours in the past moth or so, and I had the same experience both times:

- 1 drink (I do vodka and cranberry juice but ask then to go a bit lighter than normal on the cranberry) has me quite tipsy/happy/giggly.
- 2 drinks has me being careful not to stumble as I'm walking.
- 20-30 minutes after the last sip, I'm right back to completely sober.

It doesn't seem to matter if or what I've eaten during the day.
Kayla B.
on 5/11/11 8:02 am - Austin, TX
I had half of a mixed drink on my 21st birthday when I was 4 months out.  Not that I think this was the best thing for my liver, but it was my 21st birthday and I wasn't passing it up.  Used to be that people recommended no alcohol for 6 months, but I am seeing a 12 months recommendation as being more common now.

Now I drink socially, but it's pretty rare.  Less than 1 drink per month.  It's fairly common for me to just have a diet coke during happy hours.  If I drink, I usually nurse a glass of wine all night, or I'll have an amaretto sour.  I don't tend to think it's that fun as I just get soooooo tired after one drink.  I just want to curl up and take a nap at the table.  I'm perfectly happy and giggly without alcohol.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
(deactivated member)
on 5/12/11 12:20 am
I didn't have any alcohol for over a year and then when I did, it didn't hit me as hard as I thought it would. But let me tell you, just because it didn't hit me once doesn't mean it didn't hit me on another occasion. *lol* Thankfully I didn't make an ass of myself...much!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1083 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1259 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 513 views