"Thats Alot of Bacon!!!"

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 1:17 pm
I went to grocery store today and farmer johns premium cut bacon was on sale for $2.99 a pack, that s like $3.50 off reg price. So I did what any good ds'er would do I bought 50 packs. I get to the register and the box boy says in a loud voice "thats a lot of bacon!!!" Lol :) Cracked me up! I am addicted to oven bacon!
Laugh Out Loud
on 4/26/11 2:09 pm

What ever will you do when you run out next week?! 

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 8:29 pm
Ahh, Bacon. In my opinion, that was a SMART move on your part. The price of bacon is outrageous around my parts. $5.00 for 12 slices of heaven.

Can't wait to get to SAM's and buy a huge box of the stuff. YUM ! !

It'll probably be gone in a week. LOL.

Dana
amccu18007
on 4/26/11 10:43 pm - Newark, DE
Lol, a true DS'r you are!
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

Julie R.
on 4/26/11 10:48 pm - Ludington, MI
Good girl!
GFS Marketplace has a good deal on 15 pound boxes.   I buy it there and divvy it up.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Nopenname
on 4/27/11 12:26 am - Tacoma, WA
 I live on a small island, 1000 permanent residents, with one tiny island general store that charges out the wazoo for everything so unless it is really necessary (or you're just getting a drumstic**** cream on a hot day) you don't shop there. 

So, I freeze a lot, buy in bulk, and always buy a ton of whatever it is we use. When I shop I buy four or five things of sausage, and 12 or 13 things of bacon (and  I have quite a freezer stock of bacon >.>). I always get asked ridiculous questions at the check out. "Are you having a party?" "Stocking up for the apocalypse?"

Nope, just live on an island, don't leave frequently because each trip costs me 20 dollars to get home!

You should see the weird looks when I restock our liquor >.> 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

I'm pretty sure bacon tastes as good as thin feels!
*Feel free to call me "Pen" or "Nic" I'll even answer to "hey you" *

Ellen G.
on 4/27/11 1:22 am - Bensalem, PA
That's an awesome deal!  Bacon posts make me a little sad.  I used to love bacon, but since my surgery, not so much :(
Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/27/11 1:25 am - Tuvalu

I wish I could master the oven thing.  I live in a condo development that allows ONLY all electric.  So no REAL cooking to begin with.

On the two or three times I've tried it, I end up with a likely ignition point for a huge grease fire.
HOW do you oven bacon people do this?

Ellen G.
on 4/27/11 1:28 am - Bensalem, PA
Sue, I've always only had electric.  When I do cook bacon, I put it on a cookie sheet covered in non-stick foil and bake at 400 for 18-21 minutes depending.  I do check it often.  So much less mess this way!
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/11 1:34 am
I only pan fried bacon twice in the 12 years I have lived here. It was just to messy and I always burned it. or as my kids called it made scrambled or tangled bacon. So a few weeks ago I tried the oven and it came out perfect.I was afraid of grease fire in the oven too.  I am officially addicted to oven bacon.  My hubby didnt understand spending $149 on bacon even on a great sale. Sell by date is end of July so none went in freezer yet, he was baffled still.. LOL
Most Active
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 1 replies · 20 views
Recent Topics
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 1 replies · 20 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1093 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1269 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 519 views