Well I am home.

Rors
on 5/21/11 3:47 am - Johnson City, TN
My surgery was Tuesday and I had a slight complication so ended up having to stay 3 nights in the hosipital. I am home and feeling okay for the most part, very sore stomach and I I actually pulled a muscle from all the walking (not used to it at all) so that is making things rough keeping up with the walking. Working on my fluids, Geez who would have thought an ounce could be so much?  The soreness sucks but honestly I was expecting more pain so happy with that. Took the first step now see how the journey goes from here.

beemerbeeper
on 5/21/11 3:58 am - AL
Glad you are home.  Welcome to the bench.  What slight complication did you have.  I didn't have a complication and still had to stay 4 nights. 

Keep sipping.  Very important.  Keep walking.  Also important.

~Becky

Rors
on 5/21/11 4:22 am - Johnson City, TN
When he reattached the intestines to my stomach the blood vessels pulled loose. While doing the  bottom he noticed that the top 4 inches had died from lack of blood flow., He had to go back and remove them which caused an uneven cut so  he couldn't use the stapler so he had to reattach the top by hand suturing. He kept me an extra day to make sure no leakage.

Jolly Rancher
on 5/21/11 4:32 am
Welcome home! Sorry about your complication, but glad it got taken care of quickly. Best of luck to you. The walking will help, so keep it up!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
SweetnessandGrace
on 5/21/11 4:33 am - ID
Welcome home!  Glad your complications didn't turn into something more serious.  Here's hoping for a smooooth recovery!

HEAVEN IS THE PLACE WHERE YOU GO TO MEET ALL THE DOGS YOU HAVE LOVED.

kjfras
on 5/21/11 5:47 am - North Lauderdale, FL
Welcome home!  Glad everything went well and that your complication didn't turn into something more serious. 

Rest, sip, walk and repeat....

You are gonna do great!!! 

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

nightowl
on 5/21/11 7:25 am - Topeka, KS
Glad it turned out okay!  It's intersting that different things are difficult for different people.  I didn't have trouble getting in liquids, but I did have a lot more of a problem with the physical pain.
Janine P.
on 5/21/11 7:36 am - Long Island, NY
So glad you're home!  I know you've got the pulled muscle but try not to live in bed.  Get a smidge of walking in.  Make sure you sip sip sip water or crystal light or whatever tickles your fancy.  Hydration is CRUCIAL!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

southernlady5464
on 5/21/11 7:41 am
Welcome to the loser's bench, Rors...glad your complication didn't turn into something more serious.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

teachmid
on 5/21/11 9:12 am - OKC, OK
Welcome home. I'm glad the problem was not too serious and hope the rest of your recovery is quiet.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 767 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1057 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 349 views