HELP ME SAVE A FRIEND FROM THE CRAP BAND ON JUNE 6

zuzupetals2u2
on 5/30/11 3:01 pm, edited 5/31/11 3:22 am - Sedona, AZ

an old co-worker friend sent me an email about her BLOG about having the lap band . . . she had been out of touch for over a year . . so I  figured it was some divine intervention calling me to spare her the mistake & aggravation. 

I couldnt get into her BLOG but I did start persistently emailing her telling her about the DS and my revision and my previous surgery, on & on and told her it is not too late to cancel her surgery and find out about the DS. She has been resisting me of course telling me it is too late & her mind is made up . .etc.

I kept sending her more & more emails tho about the OH forums and how she needed to come here and find out why so many revise to the DS later. She has kept ignoring me now but I did find her on FACEBOOK and befriended her there. I read her posts there that quoted me and it showed she was now having hesitations . . which I was happy about . .but she did state there she felt it was too late . . .

ANYWAY anyone who wants to help me pursuade her that she is making a big mistake, go for it- here is her email address. jXXXXXXXXXXXXXShe is in southern CA so I mentioned Dr Keshiashian in Glendale too already. Her name is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX HELP! Let's save her!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Sprite_of_Ire
on 5/30/11 4:11 pm
 I feel kinda of funny about emailing her but you can tell her my story if you want and maybe that will change her mind...

I had the lap band put in almost 3 years ago. I've had extreem heartburn/reflux since my 3rd fill and have gone back and forth with unfill and refill never finding the right spot untill my tests came back that I had slippage & my doctor gave me options but I wasn't ready for any of them- either remove it and go back to being fat and a prisoner in my own body or convert my surgery. He never gave me the option of repositioning it as studies are showing it would most likely just slip again (70% do so in the firest 12 months.)  So I just coped with it and have lived that last year sleeping >5 hours a night on the couch sitting straight up and pretty much hating life. My health, family, job and relationships have all suffered because sleep is so vital. It's not a life! My doctor has been yelling at me the hole time saying I need to make a decision -tomorrow morning I go in to have my band converted to the DS.  I would beg her to reconsider. 

Hope this helps..
zuzupetals2u2
on 5/30/11 4:16 pm - Sedona, AZ
I feel funny too being so pesty and obnoxiously insistent she cancel her surgery and consider DS but I am not  above doing it to help save someonefrom the crap band!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

larra
on 5/31/11 12:30 am - bay area, CA
I know you meant well, but publishing someone's email address for all the world to see is a bad thing. It's not even a good idea to put your own email address out there, though certainly that's your choice, but to put someone else's on a  public forum is not fair to her.
     I hope you will edit that post to remove her personal information (and her full name too - come on, I don't know YOUR full name, why should I know hers!), and just keep on working to convince her that it really isn't too late til she's under anesthesia. Send her here. Send her to dsfacts.com. Send her articles on the failure rate of the lap band and the high reoperation rate and all that. But it just isn't right to put someone else's personal info on a public forum. Please fix this asap.

Larra
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/11 1:04 am

Please take this woman's info down.  This is a public forum and all the info here is available to anyone on the internet.  You also do not have her permission to put it here.

Janine P.
on 5/31/11 1:33 am - Long Island, NY
I agree.  You shouldn't be putting your friends email address up in hopes that we send her emails to talk her out of her crap band.  That's borderline harrassment to bombard her with "No - Don't Do It!!" emails. 

Is she making the wrong decision?  Probably.  Is it our place to tell her what she should do with her body?  No.  I think you did your part by telling her about the DS but you should leave it at that. 

Janine   Me on Youtube 

zuzupetals2u2
on 5/31/11 3:18 am - Sedona, AZ
ok you are right. NOw how do I change it?

Winnie the Pooh

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/11 3:19 am
Go to your original post and click on edit. You can then take it out, save changes.
zuzupetals2u2
on 5/31/11 3:21 am - Sedona, AZ
ok I did - I think instead I will search the archives for discussions on the lap band and cut & paste . .

Winnie the Pooh

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views