Got a doctors bill yesterday and not happy

Rors
on 6/5/11 12:44 am - Johnson City, TN
I was self pay and of course everything was up front. Yesterday I got a bill from a different doctors group.
One was a bill for a consult the day I checked in,  I looked on their website and didn't remember seeing her and have no clue what it was. It is the other charges that are ******g me off because I do remember that guy. Day after surgery he comes in and says I am here to talk to you about your diabetes. I said I don't have diabetes, he was like oh your blood surgar was a little high after surgery but that can I happen sometimes and left. I guess the assume all WLS patients have it or something. He comes in the next day and say your blood surgar is back down  and left. Shows up the 3rd day and says it still fine it was just a result of the surgery. Guy was in my room a total of maybe 15 minutes all 3 days combined. They want to charge me for those as consults for a disease I don't have and told him up front I didn't. His services weren't needed but he kept coming back so he could milk more money from me, THAT ****** me off.

I am calling my surgeon's offices tomorrow and will see what they say. A part of me almost wishes they can't do anything but cause I want to call the other doctors group and unload on somebody.

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/11 7:07 am - San Jose, CA
Look at your self-pay contract.  Find out who ordered endocrinology to come, and why.  Find out WHO is responsible.  If the hospital sent someone without consulting your surgeon, with whom you have a contract, or if your contract with the hospital was all-inclusive, then I would argue the hospital visit was unauthorized, unnecessary and not your responsibility.

And I'd call the state medical board or dept. of insurance about this - it is like sending you unrequested merchandise -  you get to keep it even if you don't pay for it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 699 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1014 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 340 views