4 days ds post op and no poop today

scorpiozprincess
on 7/16/11 1:03 pm - NY
Revision on 06/07/11 with
 its funny that u ask if i still have stomach pain because i was feelin all day from last night a cramping pinching feeling that would get kinda painful...i been putting too much on my plate i have this thing that i have to keep busy and i would just start to cry cause i feel so helpless...but at this very moment the pain is gone and i feel great my scars feel a lil itchy but thats cause their healing...congrats on ur surgery keep up the good work ; )

Kayla B.
on 7/16/11 2:11 am - Austin, TX
Not much in, not much out.  It's a very big relief to know that you've gone at least one time.

For the first year, I mostly did not eat enough to poop on a daily basis.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Mannyb23
on 7/16/11 2:52 am - Fort Worth, TX
I also had surgery on 7/11 but I pooped on 7/12 and on 7/13 I came home. Since I don't eat much because of being post op my poops are small and soft(sorry for TMI). All my life I have been one of those people that go everyday no matter if I ate a lot or a little. Maybe you body is just waitng to have enough to put out.
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/11 3:02 pm, edited 7/16/11 3:03 pm - Beverly, NJ

There's alot of us 7/11ers here :)

I also had my DS on 7/11.  At first I wasn't pooping in  the hospital but after a suppository the damn was broke and I couldn't stop, until I came home today that is.  Now I can't go.  I'm more concerned about the bottled up gas I have but Everyone is right, you can't poop out what you haven't put in.  If your too concerned call your surgeon.  They've gotten weirder and worse phone calls before.  

I second what Elizabeth said.  IGNORE YOUR SCALE.  I started to obsess over it preop because o the diet I was on.  So when I came home from the hospital today the first thing I did was run for it.  I had to stop myself.  I'd rather step on it weeks from now and see a huge loss than a pound here or there.  I know that I'm loosing.  I'm a life long dieter I know when I'm loosing right away simply in how I fit in certain chairs or how my left toe looks lol the numbers at this point are secondary.

MomToTeens
on 8/1/11 11:25 am - OH
Dr. K wouldn't let me out of the hospital until I at least passed gas.  I was able to do that, but no poop.

In fact, no poop until 12 days post op .  As long as I was "farting" (his word), things were moving and waking up.  I was on still on liquids, so there wasn't much to come out.  Once I had the first BM, I've gone at least once a day since.

Susan
RNY:  05/24/2005     SW:  270, lowest:  190,  Back up to:  230
Revision to DS:  07/24/2011  SW:230/CW:181/GW:140

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
Will Rogers

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/1/11 2:21 pm
After surgery, I had pooped out my last post op "victory breakfast" the next day. They had given me a laxative to help move some gas along. The gas sure did move and it brought a friend. But after that victory poo, it was a long time before I had another BM since all I had was liquids. 
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views