Protein Bar Freebie--thought I'd share for those interested

StephOinAZ
on 7/14/11 8:05 am

I found a new protein bar that sounds like it would be really good for post-op DS patients, and pre-op for that matter. 

http://www.questproteinbar.com/

They are low carb, gluten free, and they have NO sugar alcohols.  They do have 1 or 2 grams of real sugar, depneding on the flavor, but no alcohols that give most people bad gas.  They sound really tasty and I've talked to a few people who just love them.  They said that the chocolate ones and the apple ones are absolutely amazing if you heat them up in the microwave for 30 seconds...smells like a bakery :)

http://www.questproteinbar.com/freesample1  this link takes you to their free offer.  You can get 2 free bars (they choose the flavors) for free, they even pay shipping!  If the link doesn't work, go to the main link I posted above and then click on the "blog" tab and then the ad for the free bars is on the right.

I ordered one of each flavor and used the code "SHIPFREE" in the coupon code section and got free shipping :)  I'll be posting reviews of them on my blog once I get them and try them out.

Enjoy! :)

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/11 8:47 am - OH
awesome thanks. I requested my sample...I didn't get to choose which flavors I wanted, but anything free is good
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/11 8:51 am - Woodbridge, VA
I got my free samples a while back. They're chewy - kind of like PowerBars, if you've ever had those. The texture was a turnoff for me. The ingredients are pretty good compared to other bars, though - Splenda is the primary sweetener. Don't get me wrong, the flavors were good. I just personally didn't like the extreme chewiness.
StephOinAZ
on 7/14/11 9:05 am
Ah good to know :) thank you. I personally don't mind the powerbar texture. Do they have that Splenda aftertaste like most other things? 
MizCharlotte
on 7/14/11 9:29 am - Spring, TX
I thought they were pretty ho-hum too  - until I nuked 'em.

That's right.  If you put them in the microwave, they become more like a cookie and taste better too.

I just ordered some, so I'll post more about them later.
levittown_loser
on 7/14/11 9:33 am - Levittown, PA
 I got my free ones a while back.   The Van. Almond and the Peanut Butter were both very good to me!

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

elixir
on 7/14/11 9:42 am - MI
Thanks for the coupon code. I ordered the free bars months ago... I think they sent a chocolate bar and a peanut butter bar. I ordered the three new flavors... and got free shipping!

Thanks again.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

KarenFlorida
on 7/14/11 11:02 am - Orlando, FL
Thanks, I ordered them!

Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

Amy_Kleve
on 7/14/11 2:29 pm - Adrian, MN
Thanks, I ordered my sample
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

Anna G.
on 7/15/11 4:27 am
I requested my sample about a year ago and still haven't received it. :( Y'all let me know if you actually get anything from these people.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views