New here =)

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/11 10:19 am
Welcome!
Esther B.
on 7/22/11 10:23 am - Rainy & Cloudy, WA
Congratulations!  The DS forum is indeed amazing! I am thrilled to see you were willing to put the breaks on a surgery that wasn't right for you.  Wishing you the best of luck on your journey.

Esther 
litebrite
on 7/22/11 11:34 am - Telford, PA
I am pretty new here too, having surgery next month.  I have learned tons on this board.  So much good information and advice  . . .I laugh a lot too!!!
determineddanni
on 7/22/11 12:13 pm
Welcome! You will find unlimited help on this forum, we have some great ladies and gents!!
Poodles
on 7/22/11 12:49 pm - TX
Welcome to the Dark Side! (Almost!)
 Come to the Dark Side!!!                     
Band to DS revision 11/09/09.
Learn about the Duodenal Switch at dsfacts.com ! Off site comparisons of the 4 WLS 
http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-surgery/wls-basics/w eight-loss-surgery-comparison.html
http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html

scoob
on 7/22/11 2:25 pm - Somerset, KY
Welcome, Julie!! I'm 10 months post op and loving life. I have monthly pics on my profile you can check out if you'd like. I LOVED looking at others progress pics as a pre op. Your story is very inspiring. 18 years has led you to what is in my OPINION the best WLS out there. Good luck and keep us updated!!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

orangecrushed
on 7/22/11 3:04 pm - Triad, NC
Hello, and welcome!  I did something similar... came here dead set on the RNY, only to find out about this "DS" everyone kept talking about. :p  So glad I did!

Sounds like you may not be too far from getting a date set.  Fingers crossed for ya!
2bee.or.not2bee
on 7/22/11 5:08 pm
 Hi Julie! 
Welcome. I was a lurker here for quite awhile, and after learning about the DS I went for it. I had the sleeve a year prior to the DS, and I wish I had known enough to have the whole thing done at once. Good girl for doing your research! I look forward to reading about your weight loss success!!

~CC

Romans 8:28                                  VSG 1/23/10  DS 5/15/11

VSG weight = 143 kg  VSG low = 116 kg  DS weight = 141.5
lk1970
on 7/22/11 10:50 pm
Welcome!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

NoMore B.
on 7/23/11 12:17 am
 Welcome Julie!  I think you'll be very happy with your decision.  Looking forward to seeing you post more.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1047 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1204 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 500 views