Even at 2 years post op, I'm still having wows.

Renfairewench
on 7/23/11 1:03 pm

Today I braved the heat and my self image issues and went to the pool. I fretted the whole way there and even after I got there I fretted about how awful my legs look, but I looked around and saw what others were wearing and how no one was really staring at anyone. After seeing what people had on, both thick and thin, some which made my head shake in "what were you thinking" moment,  I realized that my legs will just have to be what they are (wrinkly and loose) and that if a woman who had three kids, sporting a very large stretchmarked  belly  hanging over the bottoms of her two piece well, I shouldn't worry about my floppy legs or my batwings. Afterall, I got the most modest bathsuit I could find.  Some folks there couldn't say the same. I mustered up all my courage to walk from my towel to the edge of the pool and I got in as gracefully as I could. I expected people to stare at me, to whisper nasty comments just out of my hearing or to laugh as teens are prone to do and you know that it is you they are laughing at. The thing is, no one took any notice of me except one woman who asked me where I got my "cute polka dotted bathing suit."

What came out of my trip today was a couple of wows. One, no one really doesn't care what I look like at the pool. The only one that cared is me. The only hard bodies were those of a couple of young male teenish boys sporting six packs. And two, which was a big WOW for me is that I no longer float. I sink.  This one made me giggle. I used to just hang out in the deep end and never have to tread water. My body was so bouyant.  But today, I found that I HAD to tread water in order to stay afloat. I even tried floating on my back. Something I have ALWAYS been able to do and for heavens sake, I couldn't stay above the water.  I'm a sinker, and I like it!

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

geutenmorgan
on 7/23/11 1:46 pm
Love it! I hope to be a sinker too!
zuzupetals2u2
on 7/23/11 4:10 pm - Sedona, AZ
Long ago when I was so self-conscious about my size my Mom said to me- Dont flatter yourself- people are always thinking about themselves not you- and I started to realize she was right and it helped. You just proved it.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Renfairewench
on 7/24/11 6:59 am
So true...so true.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Diane Davis
on 7/23/11 5:07 pm
You're so amazing Maddie! I'm so thankful for your posts!

Love ya bunches!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
kathie09
on 7/23/11 5:11 pm - not available
Love this!
kathie09
2bee.or.not2bee
on 7/23/11 8:15 pm
 What an AWESOME post and a wonderful WOW! I can not wait till I sink too!!
Way to go Maddie!

Romans 8:28                                  VSG 1/23/10  DS 5/15/11

VSG weight = 143 kg  VSG low = 116 kg  DS weight = 141.5
(deactivated member)
on 7/23/11 9:09 pm - OH
This was great!
lookthrshegos
on 7/23/11 10:01 pm - Huntland, TN
Giggle! You sinker!!! Giggle!!!!

prettypixels
on 7/23/11 11:09 pm
I think if we are hoping people won't judge us, it's important for us to try not to judge others... even if they make fashion choices we wouldn't. As long as the mom with the hanging over belly is comfortable and happy in what she is wearing, who cares? I'm glad you realized most people don't care what you look like at the pool though, that is excellent!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 355 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 814 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views