i think i eat too much. today is day 17 post op

Twi light
on 7/29/11 8:16 am - NY
this is what i ate today so far

2 eggs w/mayo (i made egg salad, i had about one egg, then later on another)
3 tablespoons of tuna salad
3 large shrimp
5oz grilled salmon i made into chunky salad with mayo and a pickle slice (i ate some of this not all of this)
i had 3 gooseberries.

I eat every 2 hours- i eat something when i take vitamins.

I feel it is WAY too much, or at least WAY too much relative to what other people were eating at 2 weeks post op.

I will have 23g of protein in my EAS shake and that should bring me around 80- 90grams of protein total for the day.

i dont have any problems with eating this stuff, i try something new daily, a bit of this or of that just to see how i do with it. Nothing causes me immediate discomft or vomiting. I only threw up once, out of my own accord b/c i ate too much and i was uncomfortable so rather than wait it out it was easier to throw up.

Am i harming myself in any way by eating this much ? 
My DH swears that it is not as much as i think itis in terms of food but it seems like a ton to me especially when i read what other post ops eat.

MajorMom
on 7/29/11 8:39 am - VA
I think as long as you're not over eating at one sitting and eating the right things as you are, you're fine. Great job on the protein count today...tomorrow you may only be able to eat half what you ate today. It's crazy that way.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

newyorkbitch
on 7/29/11 9:22 am
You're doing just fine.  Make sure to drink plenty,  and take your vitamins.
sandy_mt
on 7/29/11 9:45 am
 I had my surgery 1 day before you and I am supposed to still be on liquids, for 4 weeks in fact.  What is Dr. Pomp's eating plan?  I'm so jealous.....

Sandy

Twi light
on 7/29/11 10:01 am - NY
I leave the hospital on soft foods, liquids only until leak test.  Then they give you pureed foods in hospital but they send you home on soft foods.  Like moist fish, cottage cheese, etc, then you move on slowly if you tolerate everything on their list.

I still chop up my food or chew really well, but i have been introducing a little *****unkier texture to see how i do with it.   I tried some veggies too but i minced them.   I just make sure my stuff is really fine or i chew it really well and it hasnt given me any problems, but protein wise i stick to seafood, i have not tried meat.

no_more_rolls
on 7/29/11 9:58 am - Jackson, MI
Oh I wish I could eat like you!  I had my surgery a few days before you on July 8th.  Although I am allowed to eat those things, I am having a horrible time getting in so much protein.  Everybody responds differently to surgery and how well they are able to tolerate things.  I have had issues with thrush and nausea and vomiting for weeks now.  My surgeon's office wants me to eat like you, I am just unable to.  I'm jealous!  LOL  Keep up the good work and don't worry...it sounds like you are doing great!

~Roxy
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Twi light
on 7/29/11 10:04 am - NY
well, I also have not lost anything in 4 days, that is probably why i think i eat too much in part.  I think at a starting weight of 309  (day of surgery) , my first month expected weight loss is about 28+ pounds..... and i feel there is NO WAY that will happen.  

newyorkbitch
on 7/29/11 10:18 am
Stop weighing yourself all the time. Really.  You are not eating too much.  You are doing great getting your protein in,  and you are limiting the carbs.  As long as you're getting fluids and taking your vites,  you are doing very very well indeed.  Stop obsessing over weight loss ever day.  It's going to happen.
no_more_rolls
on 7/29/11 1:21 pm - Jackson, MI
Don't weigh yourself everyday!  I know it's hard, trust me.  You can't compare your weight loss with anyone else.  I had a 5 day stall and actual weight gain of 6 pounds starting about 10 days out.  Thankfully it came off.  I never mentioned it here because I know it happens to others.  I also weighed more post-op when I came home than I did the day of surgery.  

Don't worry, you are doing everything you are supposed to do.   Let the DS work for you.  If you're not losing pounds, that could be a good thing meaning you are losing inches instead!  Throw out that scale or make it a point to only weigh yourself once a week or so.  If you are like me, that scale always discouraged me when I dieted in the past...don't let it sabotage your new DS life!
Twi light
on 7/29/11 2:11 pm - NY
the voice of reason knows this regarding the scale. I know not to weigh daily, but i cant not do it. I try not to go overboard, i.e weighing myself 3 times a day or b4 and after BMs, i dont go that far, but i dont think i can give up weighing myself in the morning.  I want to record, graph, trend , i need to see the numbers, the numbers mean everything to me, not just the numbers of my weight, but the number of protein, or cals, carbs, etc, i need to know definitive numbers and if i dont i feel nervous that i am doing something wrong. The crazy, i have it.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 359 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 818 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views