What is your usual menu for the day??

StacyAnn07
on 8/8/11 5:07 am - Del City, OK
Newbie here and wondering what all you guys eat each and every day?? I just saw a post about bacon and I can't tell you how happy that makes me hahah!! So whatcha been cooking? I sure would love some insight

BeSwitched
on 8/8/11 5:19 am, edited 1/24/12 4:54 am

Nicolle
on 8/8/11 5:19 am, edited 8/8/11 5:20 am
Every day has some variety in it for me.

There is a thread here daily that people post what they eat. That might be helpful to you. I do NOT eat like those folks, though. What I eat looks more like something I posted on my blog here (hope this link works):

Eating as a DSer Certainly Does Not Suck!

I think I eat a wide variety of foods, as long as I get my protein in first. I eat steak, salad, cheese, desserts, veggies, fruits, etc. I do not (so far--3.5 years out) have issues with gas or diarhhea.

I do not drink protein shakes or regularly eat protein bars (unless I am on the go).

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/11 9:13 am - OH

I've been on here a couple months now, and I still haven't figured out why some people have to eat super low carb, but others are eating snickers bars and french toast.  I'm kind of curious if the bites & vites thread is actually what most DSers eat in a day....

Emily F.
on 8/8/11 10:06 am
On August 8, 2011 at 4:13 PM Pacific Time, barb1751 wrote:

I've been on here a couple months now, and I still haven't figured out why some people have to eat super low carb, but others are eating snickers bars and french toast.  I'm kind of curious if the bites & vites thread is actually what most DSers eat in a day....

No. I do not think bites and vites is an accurate view point of what dsers eat because usually it does not have quantity. If you can friend a lot of us on myfitnesspal and it has everyday listed on menus.
Chad M.
on 8/8/11 5:55 am - Indianapolis, IN
I do not eat the tiny quantities that the previous poster eats. Here is a typical day for me. When I track, it comes out to about 3,000 calories (NOT that I count calories, just that the tracking sites tell you).

Breakfast: 3 eggs and 1/2 pound of bacon. This is a very consistent breakfast for me. Lately I have substituted some microwave-ready sausage for the bacon because I do the stationary bike in the morning and I am trying to save time getting ready for work after.

Lunch: Usually a turkey wrap, ham wrap, or possibly just leftovers from the night before. About 7-8 oz of turkey on a low carb tortilla with cheese, mayo, and mustard.

Snacks: I have a few string cheese, a protein shake, and a protein bar or two most days.

Dinner: Meat of some kind. Steaks, burgers, tacos. I sometimes eat a side like fried rice or potatoes, sometimes not. Typically if I have exercised a lot that day, I eat some kind of side for the carbs.

In terms of dinner the best comparison I can give you is probably eating out at a chain. At Outback, for example, I can eat the small prime rib--this is 8 or 9 ounces, I forget--and a bit of a side or soup. If I'm feeling very hungry I might finish the loaded potato soup but then I probably won't finish whatever side I got.

If you can find Jenna Lynn's post it's very visual and probably something that would help you out a lot.
(deactivated member)
on 8/8/11 10:13 am
Here is Link to Jenna Lynns post, I bookmarked it as a pre-op
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4193573/Eating-with-a -DS-A-Day-in-the-Life-pics/
Emily F.
on 8/8/11 6:10 am
usually 2-3 double scoop protein shakes
lunch is a piece of bread, mayo, double turkey, double cheese, maybe tomato and bacon if I have some
dinner- I cook like most moms just light on the carb. Like I'll cook chicken casserole tonight I'll eat 1/2 a chicken breast and maybe 3 bites of rice
snack probably a brownie or m&ms
(deactivated member)
on 8/8/11 9:23 am - Beverly, NJ
I am a newbie at only 4 weeks out so my diet although normal is still on the soft side. Protein is always first. Eggs (I just made a jar of pickled eggs, YUM!), refried beans, soups, cheese, and a lot of protein drinks (mostly because I like them).

What I liked about the DS was that after researching it I realized as far as a daily diet goes the DS has the most normal way of eating, well the most normal high fat way of eating lol. I think the reasons I've failed most other diets was because I couldn't stick with something so strict and boring. I mean who can complain about eating all the bacon you can?

example: I thought I was starting to get "stuck" the other day because I had not pooped since the morning of the day before. So my wife insisted I eat some scrapple that was fried in butter (she first offered bacon but I was too early, scrapple is soft). It did the trick! lol within a few hours my bowels had moved, my tummy felt much better and I got to eat something fatty and wonderful that every diet I have ever been on would of been a huge no-no!
Imissthe80s
on 8/8/11 10:57 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
 What is scrapple? What do you put in your shakes: water, soy milk, 1/2 and 1/2? Do they taste differently than they did pre-op? Pickled eggs, interesting.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 310 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 776 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views