several questions

litebrite
on 8/30/11 3:01 am - Telford, PA
I am still on mushies but trying to spend my time out of work figuring our items to buy or recipes to make once I am back to work and able to eat more "normal" items.

--I have heard jerky was an ok snack--low sodium, turkey and I even saw Bison.  I heard to buy high quailty jerky.  Is there specific brands and types you all like?

--I went to eggfaces website, saw some awesome recipes for high protein items.  So many yummy "bites" to try.  She seems to use Arrowhead Pancake/Waffle mix in recipes, quite a few.  http://www.amazon.com/Arrowhead-Mills-Pancake-Multigrain-Pound/dp/B000LKYMDU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314723288&sr=8-1

Any thoughts on that product?

Thank you for any help!!

DS on 8/15/11

litebrite
on 8/30/11 3:03 am - Telford, PA
What about PB2, http://www.bellplantation.com/  Anyone ever use it?  I also read Trader Joe's has a form of it.
DS on 8/15/11

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/11 3:12 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
About the PB2, if you go on netrition.com (which is one of my most favorite 5 dollar flat fee shipping to 48 states) and look for "peanut flour" you can get more of the same product for much less money.  To me, it tastes the same.
linda1814
on 8/30/11 3:41 am
Personally, I think it's going to be a very long time until you can even consider buying any sort of baking or pancake mix.  At this point, you can eat so little anyway that you'd get way too full on carbs that you won't meet your protein requirements.  Eventually as you can reach your protein requirements and your weightloss allows, sure you can add it in.  For now, focus on staying hydrated and getting in protein.  

When buying jerky, look at the carb to protein ratio.  The flavored jerkies will often have many more carbs than the plainer ones.  I won't buy a brand or flavor of jerky that has more than 3 grams of carbs per serving.  Read labels since there is a big difference.

For now, focus on protein.  If you need a change in texture ... snack on nuts like flavored almonds or pistachios.  They are naturally low in carbs and high in healthy fats.  Or even things like sunflower seeds.  Bake cheese to form cheese crisps which help satisfy a crunchy, salty craving.  

Early out, I bought oyster crackers.  I'd count out a serving in a bowl and eat them one at a time letting them dissolve in my mouth.  

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

litebrite
on 8/30/11 4:21 am - Telford, PA
Thank you!
DS on 8/15/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1083 views
calcium/protein