Crookes or Keshishian?

ejvince
on 9/6/11 6:54 am - Van nuys, CA
About three years ago I was going to go with Dr. Crookes I did all the pre-op testing and then I lost my job I paid for to keep my ins thru COBRA and all of a sudden I can't get a hold of any one at Dr. Crookes office for months. In the mean time I'm still paying for my ins out of pocket which was like 400 a month..finally I get ahold of someone and they tell me they are no longer taking my ins.
I couldn't afford my COBRA any more so I just dropped it and figured I would get the DS another time. Fast forward to three years and and a divorce later I met a new guy we fell in love eloped in Las Vegas and he put me on his ins. which is blue cross PPO (YAY PPO) now I'm ready to get the DS again but since I had such a bad exp. with Dr. Crookes' office I'm unsure if I want to go with him again.
So I figured I would ask about Dr. Keshishian is he any good? Will I be left out in the cold by his office? 
On the other hand has Dr. Crookes' office got any better? Any advice you can give would be great :) 
Thanks in advance
DianaRR
on 9/6/11 6:57 am - CA
Dr. Keshishian is wonderful and very experienced. His office won't leave you out in the cold.
smileyjamie72
on 9/6/11 7:11 am - Palmer, AK

I have had very good experience with Dr. Keshishian's office.  Granted, I am a revision from RNY to DS (If insurance will ever pay).  I have been in touch with Dr. K's office for 2 1/2 years, if that means aything??!!??

Good LUCK!!!!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

Jolly Rancher
on 9/6/11 8:45 am

I couldn't speak more highly of Dr. K, even though he was not my surgeon. He will NOT leave you out in the cold. Just prepare yourself for his out of pocket fee. I think it's like 3-4k. Hands down, I would choose him.

Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
kprc1
on 9/6/11 8:56 am - west covina, CA
Even though Dr Crookes staff may not be great.  He himself is a GREAT doctor!!!  You couldn't ask for a better surgeon.  Go to both and decide for yourself.  Dr Crookes is someone that if you haven't even seen him in a while, he knows who you are and is up on your case.

GL with whatever you decide.
(deactivated member)
on 9/6/11 9:34 am
Samaro ..
on 9/6/11 9:53 am
Hi Liz,

Good to see you back.  Sorry to hear about the divorce.

There have been staff changes at Dr. Crookes since you last had contact with them.  I would encourage you to contact both Dr. Crookes and Dr. Keshishian and make a determination based on your current situation.

Keep in mind that there is no program fee with Dr. Crookes,  and that Dr. Keshishian has a program fee of $3000.00 above any insurance copay.

Both are excellent DS surgeons.  Good luck with whichever surgeon you choose. 

Hope to see you back at SCADS meetings. :)

teachmid
on 9/6/11 10:11 am - OKC, OK
I highly, highly recommend Dr, Keshishian. You will not regret it.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

stillhopefull
on 9/6/11 11:03 am
 DR. KESHISHIAN all the way.  
Terry
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
Lori F.
on 9/6/11 1:29 pm - Chula Vista, CA
I'm seeing Dr. Keshishian on the 13th and Dr. Crookes on the 21st. I'll let you know! I actually had more trouble getting an appointment with Dr. Keshishian. At Dr. Crookes' seminar, he and the other doc explained that they have made many changes in the staff and their policies in the past 6 months. If you leave a message, they will get back to you within 24 hours, even if it's just to say they got the message. With Dr. K's office, I had all kinds of drama...but, no matter. My appointment is in one week!!! I'll let you know how it goes!
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 551 views
calcium/protein