Who makes the perfect pant for the post-bariatric figure?

Anna G.
on 9/15/11 5:07 am
Yep, I can't wear ANYTHING from Kohls because I do have a big ass relative to my waist. I was so excited when I saw that they were introducing a Jennifer Lopez line of clothing but I see from the reviews on their site that nothing in it would actually fit J Lo, or me either. ::sigh::. To buy from Kohls, I would probably have to buy a size 20 and have the waist cut down to a 12.

A P.
on 9/14/11 11:45 pm - IN
My very favorite pants are "butt pants" - urban legend has it that they were named that by Oprah as her favorite pants! They are made by Chicos, are polyester and spandex knit, and are occasionally available on their website. Chicos call them "Ottoman Pants". Over the years they have come in a variety of styles (side zip, front zip, pull-on) but very few colors (black, navy and khaki pretty much.) I bought my first pair at a resale shop on the clearance rack and as soon as I put them on, I was in LOVE! They hug your tush and are cut very slim through the leg - they make me look very tall and very thin and I am wearing a pair as I type this! I have bought most of mine on eBay and have an alert set up for Chicos Ottoman. I am actually nervous about posting this because they are so amazing that I hate to be bidding against even MORE people to get my hands on them :)! Some other companies actually make Ottoman Knit pants so you might look around in cyperspace......
Julie R.
on 9/15/11 1:48 am - Ludington, MI
I love Chicos - but their stuff has ended up running too big for me!   Who woulda thunk it.   I buy a lot of J Jill and Coldwater Creek from Ebay.   I also buy new Danskos from there - usually last year's models discontinued - for a great price.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

kramer5
on 9/15/11 2:12 am - Washington, KS
I've always had a flat ass, now it's just flat and wide.  When I was in high school I wore guys 501 (button fly) Levi's and for some reason they really made my ass look great.  Ahh those were the days!  You know what's really funny, back then I hated my body, thought I was fat, the whole nine yards and I would give anything to be that size again.  If I could go back and talk to that girl and would make her understand how beautiful she really was.

Anyways, I have a few of my old high school jeans left and I'm going to give them a try when I get down to that size and see if my hubby still likes my butt ;)  I even have a pair of acid washed jeans...maybe I can bring the 80's back?
Dawn

Lori F.
on 9/15/11 2:32 am - Chula Vista, CA
Oh my gosh- all of this shopping talk. And stuff is too small? No way! I can only shop online now or at Walmart. I want some nice clothes that actually fit. When you're obese, you just buy it if you can get it on. J Crew? Chicos? Banana Republic? I've never even been in those stores... Keep talking girls. I'm getting more and more excited with each post! DS- here I come ( hopefully before 2011 is out!).
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
Julie R.
on 9/15/11 3:38 am - Ludington, MI
Lori, it's mind-blowing to say the least.   I would have never in my wildest dreams imagined this.  It was easier to fit me in pants when I weighed 268 pounds.   Now, also, there are just too many choices.   Don't worry - your time will come!

Imissthe80s
on 9/15/11 4:36 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Julie-
I have a question, am I destined for a flat butt and sock boobs? This is a phenomenon that I continue reading about.  Hmm.  I'm an apple shape now, so I assume I will still be a (much smaller) apple post DS?  Am I too assume I'll have the same figure post-DS, just in a smaller version? Or should I plan on a pancake butt and sock boobs?

Julie R.
on 9/15/11 5:01 am - Ludington, MI

Well, you look pretty young, and you might very well still retain your curves.    I didn't.    I was always an hourglass....big boobs, small waist, big butt and thighs.     I went from a 40 DD to a 34 B or C.    My boobs don't look quite like socks (and I'm 50) but they could use a lot of improvement!    Because you are an apple, you might be left with a larger belly or panni.   I do not have that - again - a tummy tuck would be nice because of loose skin, but most people would not know I'd had WLS from my belly alone.     My flat ass that hangs down the back of my legs is what gives me away!  But again, I'm 50.   You're just a wee thing.

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/11 2:32 am
I love these.  Now granted, I'm tall, and I'm always wearing heels - they do run long.

I love the wide waistband (helps with the skin) and I think they make my butt look ok.

They aren't cheap, but always have coupons flying around.

Good luck.

http://www.express.com/studio-stretch-wide-waistband-editor- pant-20052-704/control/show/3/index.pro

Julie R.
on 9/15/11 3:36 am - Ludington, MI
Sharon - now these are nice!   And they come in short!  How do they run?  I normally wear a size 2 or 4, depending upon the cut.   I just bought a pair of Gap Perfect Trousers in a 2 (Ankle) and I'm liking these.   If you have any of these, how do they compare?   I like how they come in various colors too.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 323 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 782 views