Who makes the perfect pant for the post-bariatric figure?

Julie R.
on 9/14/11 10:55 am - Ludington, MI
 You know the the type well....no waist, no ass.....
I live in the boonies and my shopping options here are extremely limited, so I need pants I can order online.    Although I am a small size, I do not wear a petite (too short) but a regular length is too long!   I want a pair of dress pants, khakis or cords that fit so well, that I'd want to order a pair in every color.     So far, I've had only modest luck with the JC Penney Worthington pants, and I just bought a pair of Gap dress pants in a "2A," and may order more of those.     I don't want old lady pants, but I don't want low-rise juniors either.   Geez, I'm a tough nut to crack.   Does anyone else have pants that work great for you?

Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

beemerbeeper
on 9/14/11 11:11 am - AL
I like Old Navy.  But my 4s are a bit tight now.  They'd be too big for you tho or I'd send them along to you.

The no waist no ass figure really sucks sometimes.  I can relate.  I don't understand why we didn't get a wasit out of this deal.  I can live with no ass but the no wasit thing is a bummer.

~Becky

Julie R.
on 9/14/11 11:18 am - Ludington, MI
From the rib cage down, I am built like a 12-year-old boy.

_Leslie_
on 9/15/11 7:26 am - Franklin, WI
I can already see myself taking this shape! 

How come my rib cage is so huge??

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch                                      
                                   Surgery Date: July 30, 2010                      

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/14/11 12:35 pm
Well, scratch Levis off the list too. They have different fits for butt size, but none of them seemed to work with my flat ass, also a major downer is that the pockets are too shallow to use, you can't even put a pair of keys in them. Whenever I bent over the keys flopped out of the so-called "pocket"...

Pockets should serve a purpose, dangit!
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 12:51 pm
You can get custom jeans from here: http://www.indicustom.com/custom-jeans-indiDenim

They are more expensive then buying off the rack but they will be tailored EXACTLY to your body. I haven't bought any yet, but once I've settled into my weight you can bet that they will be one of the first things I buy!
oola123083
on 9/14/11 1:49 pm
 I've had a bit of luck with Banana Republic and jcrew, also United colors of beneton... but i have to admit, it took a bit of time in the fitting room trying on different styles at these places to find the right fit, maybe order a few styles and just know youll have to return a bunch of them?

3.5 years out--  I am 5'10", 29 years old  

HW: 345,  SW: 320,  GW: 180,  CW: 172 ............... NEW GW: 165

lexusmn
on 9/14/11 2:52 pm - Forest Lake, MN
I usually buy all my clothes from maurices. Trust me I have noo ass AT ALLnot even before I lost all my weight it was still flat. BUT anywho I love their fress pants there and they have longs shorts and regulars. My perspnal favorites are the Silver Jeans called camden rose bell bottoms I wear a size 26x33 which i think equals out to be a 0 or size 1/2. And my second favorite is Maurices brand call Molly Flare in size 1/2 but think I need a size 0 now I keep losing it just wont stop and Im at 135 and 5'6". As for a waist I got one out of the deal a not to bad one just have to get rid of the wrinkly saggy skin!!

Blank Out
on 9/14/11 11:03 pm, edited 9/14/11 11:04 pm
 I have found that no matter what I buy, I cannot wear anything off the rack without getting it tailored.   I learned this lesson from my husband.  He has always had a tailor alter everything he buys, because his build is not standard.  Yes, it does cost extra, but, if you find a great inexpensive tailor, they are worth their weight in gold!  I also find I don't need as many clothes if I have a few well fitting things.  I do lots of mixing and matching with some basic pieces.   

Oh, if you have a Kohl's near you, Simply Vera is very good for  "no hips and ass"  people.  I cannot wear anything by her, as I still have ample hips and butt!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Julie R.
on 9/15/11 1:44 am - Ludington, MI
Thanks for the heads up on the Simply Vera.   I have a Kohl's about 70 miles from me, but rarely go in there, because the misses section is so big that it overwhelms me!   Now that I have a specific brand to try, I'll check them out.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 319 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 781 views