I'm in ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda A.
on 9/21/11 2:23 pm - Greensboro, NC
Had my one year checkup and group today.  My surgiversary is 10/19.  I've lost 134 pounds...and weigh 199! 
I've recently danced as a partner to my 12-year-old grandson on Dance Dance Revolution (and LIVED to tell about it!!!) and he's still talking about how well I did for my first time!  We made it all the way through the four levels - because HE is good at it!  : )
I have a LIFE again...after years of illness and super morbid obesity.  I walk 10,000 to 14,000+ steps per day...about an hour of aerobic walking...walk nearly every morning and night.  I don't lose my breath, and I feel great.  
I am so blessed.  Thank you, everyone here, for your support and information.

seekingsusan
on 9/21/11 2:43 pm - Livermore, CA
DS on 05/24/12
Congrats!! As a pre-op I can only marvel at the words and think....>sigh< Someday that will be me.

It's great to hear details of your success~
Thank you for posting.
S~

Linda A.
on 9/21/11 10:06 pm - Greensboro, NC
Thank you so much!  All the best to you!

edeldog13
on 9/21/11 2:46 pm - MO
WOW! Congrats on your surgiversary and weight loss. Super job.

Your life sounds so happy and full. That helps us newbies!

Thanks for stopping long enough to check in! Back to dancing now!
Linda A.
on 9/21/11 10:07 pm - Greensboro, NC
I HAVE a LIFE now.  I didn't for years before surgery.  Thank you for congratulating me.  WOOHOO.  All the best to you!

Twyla S.
on 9/21/11 9:52 pm - Chattanooga, TN
 Congrats to you for all of your hard work!  To hear about you walking that much and not losing your breath is like a DREAM to me.  My family and I went to the Smoky Mountains for a couple of days, and I kept thinking........just give me a little longer, and I'll be out walking my children.  I cannot wait!  Thanks for the post, and the encouragement it offers to those of us waiting.....
Linda A.
on 9/21/11 10:05 pm - Greensboro, NC
Thanks!  I had lots of problems after surgery, due to my other conditions - you might want to read my profile.  I'd STILL do it over in a minute!  Having a LIFE is worth it.  Not to mention clothes - I'm buying my clothes from GOODWILL and other 2nd hand shops, and LOVING it.  I am wearing 12-14 clothes to walk in, and they're getting a little large!  I have energy.  I fit in theater seats and booths at restaurants, and all manner of magical things can happen because I FEEL GOOD.  All the very best to you and all others waiting.  It's right around the corner for you!  HUGS HUGS HUGS

no_more_rolls
on 9/21/11 11:14 pm - Jackson, MI
Wow Linda!  I just read your profile and notice you and I have some similar health issues.  I'm just a baby DS'er, but reading your story encourages me.  

Congrats on your success, and may it continue!  

~Roxy
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Linda A.
on 9/22/11 1:05 am - Greensboro, NC
Thank you.  Go, BABY!!!!

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 9/22/11 1:23 am
Congratz on onederland! It's a beautifull and welcoming land to be in!
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 323 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 782 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 260 views