Loop DS

divakay2
on 9/24/11 5:05 am
I was wondering if any of you have had an Loop DS and if so what are your results.........................................Kenya
BeSwitched
on 9/24/11 6:09 am, edited 1/23/12 2:34 am
(deactivated member)
on 9/24/11 6:24 am - San Jose, CA

Do you know how to use the Yahoo Advanced Search function?  Search "loop" and "Roslin."

Here is a thread on this from July: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4422436/LOOP-Duodenal-S witch/

Apparently, Sandy went into surgery with Roslin EXPECTED a proper DS - and got the loop DS instead: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4423605/Revision-Surger y-Tomorrow-in-NYC/  -  NOT cool, in my book.

And what happened to Nannette?  Didn't she end up with major problems - and didn't Roslin do a loop DS on her?

divakay2
on 9/24/11 1:15 pm
I told him I want the Classic DS period.I have searched and found all that is available through google and yahoo.He had mention recent studies and I was wondering if he had offered Monique A or any other of his patients something in print in which was not made public yet.I know Nanette had post-op complications, but I am unaware of the type of DS she had.I did read  both of those threads and followed them previously on Thursday when I found out he had did more since the original thread and possibly other  surgeons are performing them, I wanted to know who and if any where on OH and their experience I'm nosy that way I guess....................................Kenya
sandy_mt
on 9/25/11 1:41 am
 Yeah-I was a little annoyed by not getting what I asked for as well, and I thought maybe that was his agenda-promising the traditional and giving the loop instead, but Monique went in a week later and she got the traditional DS (and a complication), but she's completely fine now. 

I don't know which surgery Nannette got.  She had many complications but they don't appear to be DS loop or DS traditional related.  I don't want to speak for her and tell her story as that would not be fair.  They sound to be general SURGICAL complications, but I'm sure she'll tell her story when she's able.  

I'm very happy to have been complication-free and was able to go back home to Cleveland 4 days after the surgery.  So far, so good with my DS.  Hoping it stays that way.  Off to work out now!! 

Sandy

beemerbeeper
on 9/25/11 5:39 am - AL
You were a "little annoyed?"  I would have been ranting, screaming, raging, SUING, furious.

~Becky

Monique A.
on 9/24/11 6:33 am, edited 9/24/11 8:56 am - NY
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4422436/LOOP-Duodenal-S witch/

HI Kenya here is my original thread when I posted about the loop DS as a option for my revision. I know 2 of the 3 people that had revision from  RNY to Loop DS with Dr Roslin. Post op they both did well while  I who had  the traditional rny to DS conversion  had a lil trouble . long term no one knows because there is no one out there yet. I know both are losing well. There is NO large studies to predict how revisions will do. However the information about virgin Loop DS'er is actually great. PM me ur email address I can email that study from Spain. I had the option and decided the operative morning to go w the traditional DS. However my loss has been relatively slow (in my opinion) that may be related to how much I actually have to loose percentage wise is comparable. To date I have lost 29lbs since 7/19/11. Only bathroom issue I have is the horrific peel painting toe curling scent w each bowel movement. CAnt say that i love my DS yet but its a beautiful thing to loose weight without starving or feeling deprived.
BTW I was a LAP RNY to LAP DS conversion and my operative was also 5 hours so going to loop will not mean less OR time. for me it was the following factors that made me choose traditional over loop.
element of this being a new procedure w no information published for revision
this is my last go under the knife better make it count

its ur decision ultimately. I told him I want Traditional but if its btwn Loop DS and nothing then give me the loop DS. However u will get the sleeve no matter what that -pouch to sleeve creation what takes so much time not the other 2 anastomosis.

THere will not be much reply on this topic since it is relatively brand new in the American market as an option. It was just introduced last year as a viable option and published  in SPain then US surgical journals/conferences good luck w ur decision.
vitalady
on 9/24/11 8:22 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I heard the presentation on this and personally, I would not want this.

Altho they insist the bile and such would go downstream, I wouldn't take a chance.

But that's my personal opinion.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

divakay2
on 9/24/11 1:22 pm
I want the Classic DS and that is what I consented for.If it's not broken don't try to fix it(if the old Ds still work why bother changing it).....................................................Kenya
divakay2
on 9/24/11 1:24 pm
Thanks Ladies for your replies..............................Kenya
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 235 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 727 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 244 views