side sleeper

waterman691
on 11/26/11 12:45 pm - west monroe, LA
 Hi All
Just found out that if you put a pillow under your belly you can sleep on your side without hurting anything, tubes, stitches, and a baby.  Not fair cause all you girls knew this and I did not see a single posting to help newbie men who like to sleep on their side.  Now the tubes are gone and I am sleeping much better, even if only for a couple of hours at a time.

Go to the Dr. Tuesday for my 1 month check up.  Will let all know how it went and how much weight I have lost since the surgery.

Arnold  HW 330  Pre Surg  300
Its a Secret
on 11/26/11 1:00 pm
Ummm...are we not supposed to sleep on our side or tums?  Once the tubes came out I was on my tum snoring away LOL.  Hope I didn't mess anything up..

Kingy
on 11/26/11 2:20 pm - Hobart, Australia
Wow I've had 2 kids and even I forgot about the pillow under the tummy idea... colour me embarrassed .  Going to try it tonight.  Thanks!

kirmy
on 11/26/11 7:13 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Jack Russel under the tummy also works although they tend to squirm.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
dlappin413
on 11/27/11 1:48 am - Woodstock, GA
LOL, Kirmy!  thanks for the laugh!
I hope you dance with enthusiasm... and a million other things joyful!

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 9:01 pm - Woodbridge, VA
I've never used a pillow under my stomach. I did most of my sleeping early pre-op in a recliner or propped up with a bunch of pillows in bed (as if in a recliner...). I am normally a side sleeper ,but I couldn't get comfortable on my side until probably at least a month out.
provolisa
on 11/26/11 9:14 pm - Provo, UT
 This is good to know

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

sandyv63
on 11/27/11 1:45 am - Naples, FL
I was lucky. At just one week post-op I was able to sleep on my side, my natural sleeping position. What made it so super easy for me was a body pillow. If you do not have one of these marvelous wonders, send someone to Wal-Mart right now to get you one. Better yet, get two so you can put one on either side of you. This way you will not have to fight with the pillow when you want to move it to your opposite side. I defy anybody to find a better solution to side sleeping (using a significant other or pet to sleep on does not count...)
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
Victorious_one
on 11/27/11 2:54 am - South Central, PA

Almost 16 months out and I still use a pillow under my tummy!
Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 682 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views