Protein Coffee and Davini Syrups?

Mannyb23
on 12/3/11 5:09 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Where can I buy these Items? Do they sell them in a grocery stores or maybe even in the Super-Walmart? Even Julian bread, I seen someone  post about it only having 1 net carb per slice. I need to find all high protein and low carb items.

Please share if you know of any other great food items for a new DSer such as myself. 
My new life is beginning!         
provolisa
on 12/3/11 5:46 pm - Provo, UT
I'm still a newbie, so I can't answer all of your questions, but I did google Julian bread once, and saw that it is available from the bakery online. They also have a part of the website where you can put in your zip code and they show on a map the closest places that sell it. For me, it is a health food store across town.

It is $7.99 a loaf. It has 12 g of protein and only 1 net carb per slice!!!  $8 a loaf is a lot of money for bread, but if I kept the rest of the family out of it, and used it slowly, I can see where it would be worth it. They are 1 1/2 lb loaves.

They also have cinnamon raisin, gluten free, and sourdough, breads that are all low-carb.

Here is the link: www.julianbakery.com

~Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

meredith_123
on 12/3/11 11:33 pm - Waterford, MI
I've found the syrups at walmart, but they only had a couple of the sugar free flavors and they are the smaller bottles for about $4.50. 
If you have a World Market near you, they carry a pretty good selection. 
Or to get the best selection of flavors, you can order on-line.  Bu****ch the shipping, some places charge so much in shipping it almost doubles the cost.
I've heard that the Star Bucks syrups are the best, some of the stores will sell them to you, or they are available online. 

I have found I really like the Aunt Millie's Light Potato bread.  It's not as low carb as the Julian bread, but you can get it at almost any grocery store for $2-3.  It's great for a once in a while treat.  I think it has 7 or 8 carbs per slice, still pretty good. 
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
teachmid
on 12/4/11 1:04 am - OKC, OK
So e health food stores carry Julian breads. Check their website.

The protein coffee is something you make yourself.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/11 2:32 am
Try some coffee houses like Java City or Starbucks, they usually have them for sale; that or their own brand of sf flavors. VitaLady, All Star Health, etc. sell the syrups too.  Low carb breads or other low carb foods tear my guts up...and the taste if lacking, so be leary of that low carb crap that costs a car payment and tastes like crapola.
fullhousemom
on 12/4/11 2:38 am
fullhousemom
on 12/4/11 2:39 am
I just posted a thread called "Lori's protein coffee drink."  There is a lot of discussion about sugar free syrups that I think you would like.  Check out the thread!
Mannyb23
on 12/4/11 10:00 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thanks all of you for the information.
My new life is beginning!         
zuzupetals2u2
on 12/4/11 10:29 am - Sedona, AZ
I tried the Julian bread but I got alot of gas from it. I did like using it for french toast but it has a different fiber feel that regualr bread too so I now use 100% whole wheat bread which costs a lot less at your local market and doesnt give me gas. We are all different tho.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 326 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 785 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 262 views