What's for dinner Wednesday??

yorkieGal
on 12/7/11 7:18 am - Clermont, FL
You know what? I have never made the Broks Pizza...think I need to get a pizza pan...do you use the pan with the holes at the bottom or the regular flat kind??
what are your fav toppings???
Has anyone ever made a white pizza with it...you know alfredo, spinach, chicken,garlic, mozzarella and goats cheese....That sounds so good. We have a pizza chain at home in the Uk that made a pizza with those toppings and I always get it when I go home....

maybe that can be something i can make on sunday...do you heat it in the microwave for leftovers??

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

meredith_123
on 12/7/11 8:20 am - Waterford, MI
I just make it square on a cookie sheet with sides, I don't have a pizza pan either. 
Your white pizza sounds really good, think I'll have to try that. 
I'm also wanting to make a BBQ pizza, that's one of my favorites.  They put BBQ sauce instead of pizza sauce, then top it with chicken, red onion, bacon & Mozzarella. 
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
yorkieGal
on 12/7/11 8:29 am - Clermont, FL

Mmmm maybe the next time I make pulled pork I'll keep some back for a BBQ pulled pork pizza....Ok, now I am really going to make this on sunday lol

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

April M.
on 12/7/11 10:33 am - MI
I use a pizza pan... not the kind with holes, I think those are called "crispers".

I love to make mine with chicken, bbq sauce and onion mixed together , then put the cheese on top of that. That way, the bbq sauce acts like pizza sauce AND flavors the chicken, so you can use much less of it (important with my sweet bbq sauce!)

Although, I did just make some bbq sauce from scratch that has way less carbs than the store bought stuff, and it was easy... mix ingredients, simmer for an hour.

I've never made a white pizza with Brok's, but I might next time, that sounds amazing! I wouldn't think there would be any problem just because it's not a conventional tomato sauce based pizza. The crust really does taste like crust, not eggs or cheese, so the tastes should blend just about the same way.

Microwave...yes! Usually about a minute or so, for 1 slice, and it's (almost) just as good as fresh! Hubbs always asks me to make it on Sunday so he can take leftovers to work for a few days. He loves it re-heated.

Just a note... Brok's is SUPER filling. I can barely eat a whole piece of it. However, give me "normal" pizza, with comparable toppings? I can polish off 2 slices of the same size.

Have fun with your new pizza journey!

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

momx4
on 12/7/11 7:40 am - TX
Where is the brok's pizza recipe?  How far out does a DSer need to be before trying it?   Any kind of pizza sounds yummy about right now!!
Kristi                
meredith_123
on 12/7/11 8:16 am - Waterford, MI
www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/3897338/Great-Low-Carb-Pizza/

I would think it's fine once you are cleared to eat all foods.  For me that was at 6 weeks.  I first tried the pizza at about 8 weeks out.  It was so good, really filling.
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
April M.
on 12/7/11 10:19 am - MI
I made Paula Deen's crockpot mac n' cheese with dreamfield's... talk about protein and fat heaven!

379/366/319/214/

yorkieGal
on 12/7/11 10:45 pm - Clermont, FL
Oh Good Lord! my 2 fav things, paula and mac n cheese - can you post a link or cut and paste recipe honey??? pretty please???lol

Yorkie xx

April M.
on 12/9/11 3:39 am - MI
Sorry it took me a couple days to see your post... here's the recipe, with my changes noted in red:

Ingredients

• 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (an 8-ounce box isn't quite 2 cups) I used 1/2 box of           Dreamfield's Rotini, it was what I had on hand
  • 4 tablespoons (1/2 stuck) butter, cut into pieces I used a whole stick, cause, well, I could! 
  • 2 1/2 cups (about 10 ounces) grated sharp Cheddar cheese I just measured out 10 ounces and cubed it up
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • I also added 1/2 tsp each of galic powder and onion powder 

Directions

Boil the macaroni in a 2 quart saucepan in plenty of water until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain. I didn't cook the pasta first... just threw it in the crockpot dry, and it came out amazing (and not overcooked, which is easy to do with dreamfield's). In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts. I combined the butter and cheese in a microwave safe bowl and nuked 'em for 30 second intervals until they combined well, about 3 minutes total. In a slow cooker, combine cheese/butter mixture and add the eggs, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper and stir well. Then add drained (uncooked) macaroni and stir again. Set the slow cooker on low setting and cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.

*Notes* It's a little greasy at first... I considered cutting the butter bac****il it was doubly amazing the next day heated up, and the extra butter seemed to have absorbed into the sauce. This is the first recipe I've ever made that actually gets better the second day. I forgot myself and sprinkled my parmesan on top before I reheated a bowl the next day, and it got all crispy and yummy like cheesy bread crumbs on top. I believe I may have to keep a batch of this made all the time in the fridge, I ate so well for a couple days!

When I plugged the recipe with my changes into myfitnesspal.com, and adjusted the serving size ( I got 4 servings of about 1 1/4 cups each out of it), here's the nutritional info per serving and per batch.

Protein    Total Carbs   Fiber   Net Carbs   Fat     Calories
Per Serving:    32g            22g           5g         17g       60g       847
Total:             129g           89g          19g        70g      241g     3386

Enjoy! It's amazing!

379/366/319/214/

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 352 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 806 views