Home after Lower and Upper body lift - 18 lbs of skin removed!

sotto_voce
on 12/14/11 4:28 am - Alpharetta, GA
 My surgeon is Dr. Marisa Lawrence out of Atlanta. She has much post-WLS experience and gives lectures at several local WLS support groups. I had 3 consults and she was the last. As soon as I met her, I knew she was the one for me! She had several 3" thick binders of before and afters on just weight loss patients. 

My insurance didn't pay anything for WLS or plastics. There is a specific clause excluding these procedures in my insurance policy, which is otherwise a great plan. The total cost was right at $23,000. I have to say that I ended up getting more than what I had originally discussed for the same price. The day of surgery she asked if it was okay for her to extend the brachioplasty incisions down both my sides in order to get rid of my side rolls. Otherwise, she knew I would still have them and wouldn't be happy with the results. She did that for no additional charge! 

I do have to sing the praises of my parents and grandmother, who ended up paying half the cost of my DS and half of the plastics. I couldn't have done it so soon without them. 

Good luck in your own journey and thanks for the well wishes for mine. 

honeybadger 11
on 12/14/11 4:13 am - FL
Holy smokes you are looking good! I always wondered if they would do that much work at one time! Good to know so do:) Heres to a speedy recovery! Cant wait to see more pics in the future.

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

sotto_voce
on 12/14/11 4:31 am - Alpharetta, GA
 I went on 3 consults and the first 2 docs did not want to combine upper and lower work. One was insistent on a vertical fleur de lis incision and the other was insistent on NOT doing it. So, I went for a 3rd consult with Dr. Lawrence and she impressed me immediately. Her post-WLS experience is amazing and she could show me numerous before and after shots of people who actually looked like me! She took a lot of time in our consult and made me feel at ease. Her pricing is extrememly fair in the Atlanta market. 

honeybadger 11
on 12/14/11 4:36 am - FL
Im going to bookmark this post. I wouldnt mind driving back up to ATL to have someone that does great work work on me! Im a baby post op right now but i made hubs promise me that i could get plastics when all was said and done:)

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

zuzupetals2u2
on 12/14/11 4:14 am - Sedona, AZ
you are going to look amazing! I am sure you are glad it's over and just the healing now will be one more challenge. I am sure every month it will look better and better as the swelling goes down. I am envious! Especially with getting it all done in one fell swoop! Good for you!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/11 9:25 am
Congrats on your ps success Bethany--looks like you're doing great!
lk1970
on 12/14/11 10:02 am
Wow, congrats to you!!!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

nightowl
on 12/14/11 5:28 pm - Topeka, KS
Wow! Very nice results. Thanks for sharing. 
KellyJTn
on 12/14/11 10:11 pm - Oak Ridge, TN
I am amazed at how much your pre-surgical body looks like mine right now! It's good to know that it was 18lbs worth of extra skin, because I have been curious. I mean, it's almost like looking at myself in the mirror. Bizarre!  You look fantastic for 1 day post op though! Hope you heal quickly!!

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

Jennifer C.
on 12/14/11 10:45 pm - Wyoming, MI
Simply amazing!!! I had to go back and re-read your original post after looking at the pic's to see if they even touched your thighs. They look fabulous too. Pulled it all up like pantyhose LOL!!! Congratulations and here's to a speedy recovery and good drugs!
Mysticalmom a.k.a Jennifer
HW 320   SW 308   CW 160   GW 150   
160 lbs. GONE FOREVER!!!
I AM HALF THE WOMAN I USED TO BE!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 683 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views