Home after Lower and Upper body lift - 18 lbs of skin removed!

sotto_voce
on 12/13/11 11:49 pm - Alpharetta, GA
Hi folks,

I wanted to pop in and let everyone know I had my plastics on Monday. My DS surgery was on 7/7/09 with Dr. Houston and I started at 338. My weight has been stable at 165 for months. My plastic surgeon (Dr. Marisa Lawrence) took off 18 lbs of excess skin during a lower and upper body lift. I spent 7 hours in the OR.

I had a 360 degree lower body lift, brachioplasty (arms), and silicone implants under the muscle without a lift. I was a B cup at my heaviest and also at 165 and wanted to get up to a full C or small D. Dr. Lawrence also extended my brachioplasty incisions down to my hip on both sides in order to remove my substantial upper body side rolls and ensure I had a waist post-op. 

I have pics in my profile if you are interested. There are before pics and then 1-day post-op pics. The implants haven't dropped yet (will take at least 6 weeks), which is why my breasts look a little funny. I will continue to add after pics as the journey continues.

Thanks everyone! I just wanted to share this bit of info with the DS board, since you've absolutely encouraged me in all stages of this process. 

Thank you,

Bethany

Frankie
on 12/14/11 12:01 am - NY
Bethany,

The PS did a wonderful job and even at 1 day post-op you can tell you will have great results.  Get plenty of rest and don't forget your protein.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Frankie

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/11 12:03 am
fullhousemom
on 12/14/11 12:33 am
Incredible pictures.  How are you feeling?  That's a lot of surgery all at once.  Keep us updated on how you are doing!
sotto_voce
on 12/14/11 12:38 am - Alpharetta, GA
 I am feeling pretty good, but I have lots of drugs to keep me happy and an On-Q pain pump that numbs the incision sites until I go in for a post-op visit on Friday. 

It was definitely a lot of surgery at once, but I could only afford one down time from work. I will be fine and so far, things are progressing well. So glad my ER nurse friend is here to take care of me. I'd be a lot worse off, otherwise. 

Elizabeth N.
on 12/14/11 12:55 am - Burlington County, NJ
WOWZERS that is a LOT of surgery!! Here's to a nice, boring, uneventful recovery.

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/11 1:31 am
Whew, you had a lot done at once.  But you look great! Hope the rest of recovery goes nice and smoothly for you.
Larissa P.
on 12/14/11 1:33 am - Denton, TX
Thanks for sharing and what an amazing transformation!
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Sheanie
on 12/14/11 1:44 am
Dear Sweet Bethany:  I hope you are still doing well.  Thank God for on-site incision pain thingies.  Wish I'd had those buggers.  Don't get depressed during recovery.  Plastics hurt more than other surgery because of all the nerves involved.  And if you DO get depressed, get some meds.  Don't suffer.

I.  am.  not.  a.  doctor.

HW 250ish  SW 219  CW 110  LW 100

ZenSharon
on 12/14/11 4:03 am - SW Ohio
Wow!  Amazing!  I looked at your photos...  your pre-plastic photos look a lot like my body now.  Thank you for posting.  Where is your plastic surgeon located?  Did insurance cover any of the cost?  I wish you a speedy recovery with no complications!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 380 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 830 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views