Vitamins!

Divine_Ambrosia
on 1/22/12 12:50 am - Cary, NC
 Finally! I got almost ALL of  my vitamins in today (from Vitalady's recommended for us).  This is a HUGE thing for me.  Took me forever to find pills I wasn't gagging on or the smell making me neauseated.   But yes! I feel much safer now that I'm getting everything in.

Had a grilled piece of bufallo chicken yesterday.  It was the first piece of food that actually tasted good.  First time I was excited about food since the surgery.  I sure hope this is the upward swing for me!

So far the worst part is finding a drink that I like. and making sure I get enough protien in  I used to be a big sweet tea drinker, but not a big soda drinker.  Crystal light, Mio and others alike used to be my go to for sucking down water.  Now the artifical sweetner in them make me want to hurl.  So I've no clue what has changed in that regards.  Protien shakes do the same to me.  Maybe that'll eventually go away?

Anyway - I see Dr. Sudan on Monday for my second followup (since my 2nd admission into the hospital).  I have a few questions for him, but all in all hopefully no big deal and that I'm on target.

*Ash*
Lap Band Originally - May 2004
Lap Band to DS Revision Approved! Surgeon will be Dr. Sudan @ Duke.

MajorMom
on 1/22/12 12:59 am - VA
You're doing great. Try the protein shakes in a few months and see if your tastes have changed. If not, just stick with high bio-available protein like cheese, eggs, milk and beef.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 1/22/12 2:42 am - OKC, OK
I wasn't able to drink Crystal Light or anythingblike it after surgery, jus****er and decaf tea. Finally I found the True Lemon brand of raspberry lemonade and I love it. Keep looking.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/12 1:12 pm
You seem like youre right on track with food and Im proud of you for getting all your vitamins in! Things should only get better from here!  Hang in there, youre worth it! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 108 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 657 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 233 views