Surgery over WOO! HOO!

its-killen-me
on 6/21/12 5:50 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
Had my surgery on June 14. I am on the recovery road now .  I have pnuemonia and a sunburn too make life easier( just my luck) day 10 post op Sunday so I can add puree fruit to diet. The diet I have to follow does not contain vitamins  or protein shakes.  I have a question about peanut butter (any reason why this couldn't be the protien?) also when I am on puree /liquid diet could this help regain my strength - I am on day 22 liquid diet. I am afraid to try anything that isn't on the diet, but only protien is broth.
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
MajorMom
on 6/21/12 7:13 pm - VA
Welcome to the dark side! :) 

You need protein! Protein shakes, peanut butter, Greek yogurt, poached eggs, cheese, Wendy's chili, Taco Bell cheesy beans. Soft foods and then start trying more dense and see how you do. Took me a long time to be able to eat chicken and fish--part of that was due to the ketosis and many things didn't taste the same but keep trying. Cut the carbs (fruit) and sugary things out and switch to protein. Protein will help you heal and give you some energy back.

Vitamins-start with a couple of multivitamins, calcium citrate, dry vitamin D3. Add more as you can.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Fran-I Am
on 6/21/12 11:12 pm
What she said! LOL 

SW 1012/11 265#  CW 10/10 142#
merrymorris
on 6/22/12 1:50 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Only thing is, peanut butter isn't a complete protein. You ahve to have milk with it. Maybe make a shake with peanut butter and milk.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 996 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1180 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 466 views