Food Intolerance

Natasha B.
on 11/8/12 6:49 am - North Bay, Canada
Hi!

I am 4 years post op and believe I have developed some food intolerances. IE gas and bloating. How long after I eat something should I feel symptoms if they are goin to effect me?

Thanks for your help!!

MajorMom
on 11/8/12 6:55 am - VA

Gluten from wheat or rye could hit you within an hour or so if it's a food allergy or intolerance. What kinds of things do you eat that triggers it? For some folks it's gluten, others it's milk, and others it's sugar and carbs. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Natasha B.
on 11/8/12 7:51 am - North Bay, Canada
I had some gluten free caramel kettle corn chips at 2:00 and my cheese soup ( i always eat without issue) and have had wicked gas and bloating! It must bevthe sugar! I am also testing the gluten because on saturday I had pizza and was in the worst pain imaginable. I've tested the lactose ( absoutley no issues) thankfully! I ate nothing but dairy products and meat one day and amazingly felt great! today I had a white bun (at 12:00) and those chips at 2:00. The pain didnt start until 3!

Crazeru
on 11/8/12 8:02 am

If it doesn't seem to matter what you eat, you are still gassy and bloated, you could have an overgrowth of bad bacteria.  You may need a round or two of Flagyl. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Natasha B.
on 11/8/12 8:13 am - North Bay, Canada
oh that's good to know! It doest seem to be everyday. Saturday and today. Ive been tracking my food daily since then.

puppysweets1
on 11/8/12 12:49 pm - CA

Also, if you determine that your bloating isn't related to what you eat, go see your doctor.  Not EVERY symptom is DS related.  Dr. Oz's show this evening stressed these symptoms (bloating) can be an indication of ovarian cancer.  Low vitamin D can be a problem for DSers but also increases your risk of ovarian cancer.  Just a reminder that not every problem is a DS problem.

Natasha B.
on 11/9/12 3:55 am - North Bay, Canada
thanks for your reply. I know i do not have ovarian cancer as I am undergoing a hysterectomy in January. Got that base covered. I'm really thinking it's gluten and sugar!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 147 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 690 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 237 views