Am i on a good track?

lucy200683
on 12/23/12 10:44 pm
DS on 12/11/12

So tomorrow is 2 weeks post op.. and i feel GREAT!   i mean i still have some tightness and obvious swelling in the stomach area/bruising etc..  but thats it. 

i started at 348.. lost 12lb on pre-op diet.. so was 336 morning of surgery and i weighed this morning and i am only down to 323..  thats only 13lbs in almost 2 weeks..  is that normal??

i mean i know that is good loss.. but im only on full liquids...  i woudl thought i would have more dramatic loss during this time... if im barely eating anything and only loosing that much,... how am i gonna loose once i start eating real foods??  lol

maybe im making too big of a deal of this.   im trying to get my protein in.. but dear gosh..  it will take me 6 hours of sipping on a 8oz protein shake just to get it down.    other than that im just having sugar free tea/coffee... some fat free cream soups...   

am i missing anything?

thanks in advance everyone!

DS w/Dr Kim  12/11/2012

MajorMom
on 12/23/12 11:10 pm - VA

Just give it time and perhaps stay off the scale for 2 weeks. It may be like others--you kind of turn a corner at some point. I think mine was at 4 weeks post-op.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

TaliTali
on 12/24/12 4:23 am - Sammamish, WA

I'm sorry but, what other diet have you done in the past that let you lose 6.5 pounds PER WEEK that this somehow feels slow to you? :)

You are still swollen and likely full of other things from surgery. Trust the process. You're doing fine.

lucy200683
on 12/24/12 4:26 am
DS on 12/11/12

lol  i know.. i know..   i just keep saying.. i lost 12lbs on the 1 week of liquids before surgery..  and now 2 weeks after surgery and eating less and i only lost 13lbs.. lol   

your right..   trust the process..   im gonna stay off the scale for a few weeks..  focus on protein and what i need to do..  and im sure i will be happy when i get back on that scale!  =)

thanks for the reality check ladies!

DS w/Dr Kim  12/11/2012

TaliTali
on 12/24/12 4:38 am - Sammamish, WA

I think one of the hardest things to deal with post-op is not being too hard on yourself and comparing yourself with others. We're all different.

Yes, there are some basic guidelines that everyone SHOULD follow and the results can be predictable but there will always be outliers.

HW ~ SW ~ CW
310 - 291 - 150

allegedlylisa
on 12/24/12 8:37 am

You are doing great!  I'm a few weeks farther out than you.  (6 weeks now and back to work)  In my first two weeks, I lost 32 pounds, but then I had the three week stall that I hear a lot of people mention and lost nothing.  Since then, it's been about 5-7 pounds a week.  I've been okayed to eat anything I can tolerate pretty early on, but I struggle to eat because nothing sounds good, and I also have a hard time getting in enough liquids.  So, if you ever have any question**** me up because I probably just went through what you're about to go through.

Good luck, be kind to yourself, and most of all be proud of what you are doing!!!!

Lisa

A. C
on 12/24/12 8:45 am

Don't be too hard on yourself.  You have not had any complications and already started losing weight.  It's going to be ok!  One thing to note.. This is a phrase to live by "Your Mileage May Vary"  everyone is different. 

I truly recommend not weighing but every couple of weeks (if that much).  I was weighing every week, same time.  One week I'd do really great 8lbs then the next week 2lbs.  Now, I'm just weighing when I go to the Dr.  It's working well for me. 

I had a lot of complications at first.  I'm at 4.5 mo out and am now down 110 lbs.  Be encouraged!  One day, you will wake up and still can't believe it (that's where I am at).  I have given away nearly all of my fat clothes except some basics.  I buy pants from the clearance rack at WalMart.  I have 3 pair is all.  Then I picked up some basics (turtlenecks & sweaters & vests) at Macy's one day sale.  For less than $200, I have enough to last me through this phase.  I don't think I will need anything (except pants****il Feb (hopefully the end of Feb). 

I hope I have given you something to look forward to!

Have a Merry Christmas!

lucy200683
on 12/25/12 10:07 pm
DS on 12/11/12

Thank you all!  

im trying to stay the track.. and focus on the ens result!

DS w/Dr Kim  12/11/2012

BrightsideSusan
on 12/26/12 8:48 am - Pleasanton, CA

I know exactly how you feel - while I am amazed at how much I have lost in the 2 months since surgery (38 pounds) and 20 pounds in the month before surgery.  It still seems like it should be more based on the tiny amounts I eat!! Ha. Aren't we funny creatures?

Hope you continue to do well.

BrightsideSusan
HW310 CW143 GW150

BPD-DS on October 24, 2012

fitnessfoodlife.blogspot.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom