Tylenol PM

clutterbunny
on 1/31/13 1:15 am - CA

I've always had issues with insomnia, but it's been worse this week (and no dog to keep me company  ) so I've been taking Tylenol PM the last couple of nights.

Is it safe to take long term or should I find something else?  I've tried melatonin, Ambien, Klonopin, and Lunesta in the past and they didn't work very well.  The Tylenol isn't perfect either but I'm doing better with it than without it.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

PattyL
on 1/31/13 3:00 am

It's not good to take tylenol long term or in large doses over time.  What makes you sleep in tylenol PM is plain old benedryl.  Try some of that without the tylenol.

fattynNC
on 2/1/13 12:31 pm
DS on 08/28/12

PattyL is right.  Diphenhydramine is what you need (this is generic benadryl).  The "PM" of Tylenol PM is diphenhydramine which is an antihistimine and can be taken everyday.

Lyss Remaly
on 2/23/13 12:39 pm - Wheeling, IL

I get weird reactions from benadryl and tylenol PM i think its the antihystemine that makes me all jittery and agitated feeling.  I take 10mg of melatonin if I can't sleep and I am OUT! I mean... knocked out, sleeping spread eagle across the bed, deep deep can't even remember your dreams sleep.  It's amazing

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 301 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 771 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 256 views