I need to hear from Rivision folks now!

Angie68
on 2/15/13 5:08 am - Economy, IN
I am literally still sitting at my rivision class. The nutritionist just told us to only expect to lose 15% of our weight. She said based on studies done rivisions are not as successful as original surgeries. It doesn't matter what surgery you had or are going to have. I am a lap band to DS. Im finding it hard to believe I can only expect to lose 40 lbs!
MsBatt
on 2/15/13 5:20 am

Who's your surgeon?

15% is completely unacceptable!

Angie68
on 2/15/13 8:33 am - Economy, IN
On February 15, 2013 at 1:20 PM Pacific Time, MsBatt wrote:

Who's your surgeon?

15% is completely unacceptable!

Dr Margaret Inman Carmel Indiana. She did not give me this impression at her consult.

lucy200683
on 2/15/13 6:25 am
DS on 12/11/12

i am a revision and i have already lost 25% in the first 2 months..    it is slower yes than some virgin DS'er..   but the amount you want to loose is all about you.  how dedicated you are, and the fact that YOU WANT THIS TO WORK!   its not a easy fix and you will have to work but as an exbander i will say it is so much easier to live the DS life then the band life!

best of luck to you!

DS w/Dr Kim  12/11/2012

thinlizzie12
on 2/15/13 6:54 am - KS
DS on 01/24/13

I am a band to DS revision.....I have lost 28 lbs in the last 22 days.....and I am eating! I never, ever lost 28 lbs with the band....and I had it for 5.5 years.......

(deactivated member)
on 2/15/13 9:13 am

Glad to hear how much you have lost! Congrats! That is awesome!

Whit
on 2/15/13 7:15 am
Revision on 12/10/12

This has not been true for me. I am RNY to DS revision which is supposed to be the slowest weight loss. I am 2 months out and have lost 50 pounds with 40- 50 to go depending on what my body does.  I would question the 15%.  Sounds more like the RNY to RNY.

Best,

Whitney

Valerie G.
on 2/15/13 8:11 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

That won't be the only incorrect information you'll get from the nutritionist.  Don't take much  to heart.  Because Bandsters are relatively "unaltered" after the band is removed, it's almost like a virgin DS, so yeah, I'd expect good success for all ex-bandsters.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Angie68
on 2/15/13 8:38 am - Economy, IN

8 out of 10 of us were bandsters. I was the only one that was a DS. About 3 of us more vocal ones were questioning how something simple as a band (with no cutting, re routing) could make the rivision so tricky. She said scar tissue.

I have went to 1 support group. Out of 11 I was the only DS. Everyone else was the RNY. I asked the Nut if this study was based on all of the surgeries combined. Was the DS included. She said it didnt matter. Well it does to me!

Herman
on 2/15/13 9:05 am

Well, the nut is just that a NUT. I was a revision from the band and I lost all my excess weight within 11 month. She has no idea what she is talking about.

Lap-band 2007
 DS 2009
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 352 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 806 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views