Just Saying.

jim1969
on 5/11/13 10:45 am - Lakewood, WI

This is the worst part of the year for me I own a campground in WI. I take care of the store and rec room and lets just say all my food nightmares are in a room with me all day long. I was told by my doctors nurse that I have to at least stay the same weight or lose weight for every visit or my insurance company will not let me have the surgery. So Here I am looking at all these goodies every day. I have not had any of it for the last couple weeks and have my first nutritionist meeting this week then my PCP 2 wks after that. If I can make it through this summer not eating junk I should have no problems after surgery.

dustycroy
on 5/11/13 10:50 am
DS on 05/14/13

Oh my goodness, you poor guy.  It sounds like the insurance company has you jumping through hoops, like they have done to so many others.  I am going to be praying for you.  You can do it!  When you need encouragement come to this site and let your feelings be known.  The people here are GREAT, and very supportive.  You can do it!  It will be worth it.  Then you will be ready for your new life to began....keep your chin up..

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

jashley
on 5/12/13 12:09 am
DS on 12/19/12

Pack a good snack bag for work.  Lots of nuts, jerkey, protein bars, salads, Bacon/Cheese burgers fully loaded but no buns, etc.

Stay full.  Don't let yourself get hungry or you will grab a bag of carbs.

Poor guy.  Hang in there.

Herman
on 5/12/13 2:52 am

I have never heard of a insurance company saying that. It is always the doctor that has that rule. For the insurance your first weigh-in weight is what counts.

This sounds like your doctors nurse is fibbing. Insurance just want's to know if you qualify for WLS or not. They may require a 3 or 6 month doctor supervised diet, but there again, they don't care if you lose or not, they just want the "time" commitment. 

I would be finding out, ask the doctor. 

I call bull****

Lap-band 2007
 DS 2009
A. C
on 5/12/13 3:11 am

ITA...

They are bluffing!

jim1969
on 5/12/13 4:07 am - Lakewood, WI

If it was a white lie it sure got my attention and has kept me from eating carbs. I have been eating like I have had the surgery. I have been taking cheese,lunch meat,  and nuts with me so when I feel hungry I have something to eat instead of the candy, chips, and ice cream. I wonder what my cholesterol will be when I see my PCP in 2 weeks.  My insurance company does require a six month supervised diet. So I have to keep a log of what I eat, exercise, and how busy of a day it was.

Most Active
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 75 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 640 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 232 views