longest stall???

starlightlu
on 12/3/13 8:59 pm - Canada

Just wondering if any of you'**** a stall past the 6 month mark and how long did it last???? beginning to think my 18 month wl window just became a 6 month window.

Can stress and lack of sleep be affecting my current stall?

Thx

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

Lyss Remaly
on 12/4/13 5:31 am - Wheeling, IL

To answer your question YES...

Everything in your lifestyle can cause a stall; what you are eating, how much you are eating, your physical activity, your sleep, your stress levels, your carb intake, your sugar intake.... (see where I'm going with this?)

Stall's are the DEVIL and the DO occur but they can also be overcome.  Be COMPLETELY honest with yourself in what you are eating, track everything on myfitnesspal.  ALL FOOD HAS CALORIES.  Yes we absorb things differently now but you should still be conscious of what you are eating and how much.

Keep on keepin on you will get through this!

fullhousemom
on 12/4/13 9:19 am
I wouldnt worry about it too much. Even if you are eating high protein, low carb, then you will start to see your weightloss slow down. Many times my weight loss slowed down, and I thought I was done. Then two months later, I'd be down five pounds. A lot of people continue to lose a few pounds after the two year mark. It will come off, just a lot slower!
jashley
on 12/4/13 10:43 pm
DS on 12/19/12

My DS slowed way down after 5 months.  I have stalls that last 2 months or more. 

Tracking everything is very helpful.  And low carbing, high protein stopped working for me also - so I started tracking calories. 

Here is what I've learned for my own experience:

1.  Track all food, and you will also be tracking your calories.  Watch the protein levels, but also the calories.  You might find that just eating protein isn't doing anything, you might have to start exercising or cut the calories.

2.  Track your fat.  Try to get as much fat into your diet, along with the protein.  And you will quickly see that fat adds a lot of calories.  But fat calories are practically free calories.  Don't eat carbs, then add high fat - carbs and fat are the worst combination.  Eat carbs, do low fat.  Eat fat, do low carbs. 

3.  Do gentle tweaks to your diet.  Don't slash food, or calories.  Doing the extreme dieting is what puts your metabolism into starvation mode, and makes it almost impossible to lose any more weight.  Just gently make adjustments.

Have patience, and stop weighing yourself every week.  Do it once a month.  Step away from the scale, focus on your vits, and clean eating.  you will lose 5 lbs per month, then it drops to 2 lbs a month, then it drops to... 

starlightlu
on 12/5/13 8:36 pm - Canada

thank you for your replies

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

southernlady5464
on 12/5/13 9:19 pm

YES, stress and lack of sleep can affect your weight loss. Lack of sleep can even cause weight GAIN!

I stalled at 7 months (thankfully at goal) and stayed there for 5 months.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

2renee
on 12/10/13 2:35 am - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

Yes, stress and lack of sleep can wreak havoc on a stall.   Breath, drink your water, eat your protein and go for a walk.  Take  your measurements too if you haven't done so already.  Your body does need to take a break from the weightloss every so often to re-adjust itself so although you might not see it on the scale for a while, you will see it in your measurements.   Trust in the DS  it will kick start again.   You might want to try what some others have done - have a high carb day (this will clean out your system so make sure you are at home after you eat) and then go back to your low carbing.  A bit of a way to shock your system.

Hang in there

Renee

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 326 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 785 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 262 views