burger king to the rescue

starlightlu
on 3/29/14 9:12 pm - Canada

Hi, well I'm at almost 11 mths out and have attained an 93% EWL. I am thrilled but the last couple of lbs are insanely difficult to lose (or at least my perception of it is). Down to the chase.... I have been so compliant with healthy DS eating though I find it very difficut to reconcile fat intake without adding extra carbs. the two are almost synonymis together. The result is that I clearly don't have enough fat in my diet. Yesterday I took the kids to Burger King and they screwed up our order and offerred me a free apple pie so I accepted. I ate the darn thing feeling like a loser the rest of the evening. Well low and behold, I woke up this morning to find I lost a whole lb and a few grams. WHAT!!!!!! The apple turnover cleaned out my bowels good this morning. Thx BK!

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

PattyL
on 3/30/14 12:24 am

Sometimes a carby fat-bomb is just what you need!  You are doing great and the last few lbs are the hardest!

Valerie G.
on 3/30/14 3:36 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I swore by Krispy Kremes once a week to kick my good eating in the ass and spark some weight loss.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

jashley
on 3/30/14 11:08 am
DS on 12/19/12

I followed Val's advice and upped my carbs.  My last few lbs are coming off, very slowly.  Being so compliant, my body didn't want to let go of the fat. 

I pretty much eat what I want these days.  During the days, I am compliant because my gas will kill my career and innocent children.  When I get home, I have a little bit of carbs (or a lot of carbs) with dinner.  On the weekend, if I am not meeting anyone, I will blow the whole day on carbs and compete with huge herds of cattle in creating methane gas...

Man, I love the DS. 

Irishnurse
on 4/1/14 1:00 am
DS on 04/17/13

LMAO! I have found that I lose faster and more when I eat carbs in my diet. I have two other DS friends that have noticed the same thing. I keep my carbs between 50 and 80 and really eat closer to 80gms a day. Once a week I  blow it out like Val by treating myself and it all works really well. I do not feel deprived, the weight comes off etc. Carbs do not seem to give me the horrible diarrhea unless I mix them with sugar. So good carbs do not seem to do much to me at all. Bad carbs....yeah. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 308 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 774 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 258 views