Surgery scheduled for July

kwilk84
on 5/13/14 1:57 pm

Hi everyone-

So I have been debating weight loss surgery for over a year now. in April I started the process again after starting it once before. I have all my blood work done, my initial consult, letter of support, physc evaluation scheduled (May 21st), and yesterday I was called from my surgeons office and was officially scheduled for surgery on July 30th! I'm so excited. Currently I am listed as "undecided" which procedure I am going to have. I was 75% sure when I first walked into my initial consultation I was going to have the RNY. After my initial consult I wasn't sure, I left being told I should either have the sleeve or DS. After researching everything I am 90% sure I will go with the DS. I feel that all the pros outweigh the cons.  I have another appointment on May 29th and will declare this on all my papers. While I'm excited and happy I'm afraid I'm going to walk into the appointment again and they will talk me out of it or tell me I can't have the DS or something. I am also a bit concerned about insurance as I do not have my "official" approval for the surgery yet and probably wont' until June because of the requirements of nutritionist appointments, etc.   I know my insurance covers weight loss surgery. My surgeons office keeps telling me I wont' have any issues. I'm a bit nervous  everything will fall through or something.

Sorry for rambling, just wanted to say "hi". Hoping to join in on conversations with everyone. :-)

MajorMom
on 5/13/14 6:54 pm - VA

Congratulations!  I hope everything goes quickly and easily. I wouldn't trust an insurance company either. lol  Keep us posted.

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 307 views
calcium/protein