Help!!! Bad gas all the time

Valerie G.
on 2/26/19 10:23 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Right now it's more mindfulness than discipline. I never wrote food down in a journal, but I paid attention to my body's responses and associated those responses to what I ate. Perhaps I would have discovered my detriment to onions earlier if I had.

You are experiencing this daily, so it's probably something you're eating daily, so focus there first. Another rule I had (and still have when I teach courses in person) is no experimental eating at work. I work remotely now, but I do have one client that beckons me to their office to teach. I have to be very mindful because they love pushing food goodies at me.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

nikkir70
on 3/1/19 9:48 am

So I asked my Dr for Flagyl which has helped with the gas and smell.. but not the diarrhea ( about 50 days straight!) He is actually going to "revise" my surgery. I really wish I had never even gotten this. I am posting about this because people need to know that it's not all good. I wish I had read a post like this before my revision!! I am probably the 1% ..( as usual) but it can still happen.

larra
on 3/1/19 10:50 am - bay area, CA

Diarrhea can be a side effect of Flagyl. Of course, it didn't start the problem as you already had diarrhea, but once you discontinue the Flagyl, the diarrhea may improve. I would at least give this a chance before doing something as major as a revision. After 50 days of suffering I can understand your desire for relief, but keep in mind that with less (or no) malabsorption, you may find yourself regaining weight. For me, I would try everything else short of revision before taking that risk.

Larra

chevtow41
on 3/3/19 7:18 am
DS on 11/11/14

You're about 2-3 months out from surgery and you're already talking about a revision? That far out I wasn't even close to eating normal. Your bowel movements typically stabilize further out you go. Antibiotics cause diarrhea. Have you tried any of the changes people recommended? Seems unlikely

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/19 8:34 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 379 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 828 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views