Old timers ?

airbender
on 9/9/21 6:21 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm still around. lapband to DS 11 years ago. How is everyone?

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

White Dove
on 9/9/21 9:00 pm - Warren, OH

How has the DS worked out for you?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

airbender
on 9/10/21 3:05 pm

pretty good, thank you for asking....how are you?

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

emonteaux
on 9/13/21 10:52 am - TX

I've wondered the same thing. My VSG was September 2010 and I'd like to see how people are doing this far out from surgery.

Soaplady123
on 9/13/21 4:06 pm

Hi! I had a DS in 2007, after a couple of years of interacting and researching here. I lost and kept off 110 lbs in one year, had some nip/tuck in Mexico, and have no regrets! I have not been here in a very long time. I rejoined in 2020 but have not actually been here to lurk or post. Too much going on with caring for my mom. Sorry for crazy spacing. My keyboard is acting up.

joneswood
on 11/7/21 2:02 pm

I had my DS in 2007. Lost 94% of my goal weight. Gained about 40 pounds and then went back to working out regularly and I'm back down to that 94% point. Foul smelling bathroom and difficulty with vitamin D are my only issues. This process truly changed life for me and my children. Just logged in today after a few years.

KattattaK
on 11/11/21 3:41 pm

Hi fellow old-timers! I had the Lap Band way back in '05. It literally broke and fell apart inside of me after a few years. I still haven't had it removed or been revised to another surgery for fear of going through everything again. My OG surgeon is still around and covered by my insurance, though, so who knows, maybe I'll be brave enough to finally have this trash band removed and get the VSG. Don't think RnY would be a good choice for me due to my lifelong battle with low iron and vitamin D levels.

SGurvich
on 2/6/22 1:46 pm

I was here for years, under the name Jezia. My surgery was in 2006 or 2007. I would love to talk to other people who are well out from their surgery to see how people are doing.

ArielSanders
on 5/15/22 7:32 pm - houston, TX

2008 Ungson Hermosillo...this place hold close to my heart... new struggles

(2008) 273 down to 167 (2014ish) lowest

maintaining at 194 after 14 yrs...

still need to seriously up workout to get off meds but when I think back on my whole life and the things I made it thru, Having a second weight lost surgery, traveling to Hermosillo alone having my surgery alone coming back to the US having a stricter at anastomosis and then going back to Hermosillo and then only getting help after coming back (Yes I had stomach stapling in 2001 and got down to 205 in 2004).

It was the hardest but BEST thing I ever did for myself by myself..i use it as encouragement daily. it saved my life..

Vitalady was so helpful RIP...

PaulaToronto
on 5/16/22 1:53 pm - Toronto, Canada

I had my VSG back in 2011. Was going to have DS but was able to lose a substantial amount of weight before surgery so only needed VSG.

After regain and loss several times over, I finally went sugar and flour free more than a year ago including all processed foods and am very happy with my meal plan and my head space. My diabetes is almost in remission again and my weight will be back to my lowest ever by the end of summer.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 321 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 781 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views