Nopenname’s Posts

Nopenname
on 8/11/10 11:49 pm, edited 8/11/10 11:50 pm
Topic: RE: Healthy Bacon, what?
 Okay! The picture is huge, here's the link

cdn.edu-search.com/uploads/BaconBenefits_infographic(3).jpg

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

I'm pretty sure bacon tastes as good as thin feels!
*Feel free to call me "Pen" or "Nic" I'll even answer to "hey you" *

Nopenname
on 8/11/10 11:48 pm
Topic: RE: I'm a sugar addict, not a fat lover
  It means, like a crack addict, I will suffer whatever consequences I have to, as long as I get my fix. 

This sentence right here indicates to me that no amount of futzing with your insides is going to fix your issue with sugar. ALL of the current surgical weight loss options put restrictions on sugar (some to a more severe degree than others). You are not going to be able to make any surgery work for you if you can not overcome this line of thinking. 

I don't mean to be doom and gloom. But you said this, you know this about yourself, if I was in your shoes I'd tackle that issue from the gate. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 8/3/10 12:01 pm
Topic: RE: Just being a photo *****! (New dress mommy got me)
On August 2, 2010 at 6:51 PM Pacific Time, Fade2Pink wrote:
Good lord woman, if I looked like that I'd wear it everywhere!  Grocery store.  Wendy's.  Auto Parts.  Looking mighty fine my dear!
 This. 

Hell, if I had to walk up the street to get the mail I'd be putting that thing on. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/30/10 3:48 pm
Topic: RE: Do you love your DS? Come share!
 Piercings, tattoos, and crazy hair aside, I'm a boring DSer. 

I recovered with miracle quickness. I was taking all my vitamins by the gulpful at three days out, off all pain meds at a week. I have an iron gut. I ate hamburger at three weeks out. I've been stuffing my face full of fantastic meats and cheeses and wonderful complex carbs and the occasional cake and brownie since I hit the floor running at three weeks out. 

I have no gas or bowel problems. My year labs came back a little low (but higher than pre-op) on iron and Vitamin D. I knock back protein and pills like it ain't no thing. No constipation. No heartburn. 

In the last year I have eaten particularly "sinful foods" on occasion (spaced over the year of course) elephant ear pastry, funnel cake, smores, m and ms, oreos, chocolate chip cookies, berry icebox cake, ice cream, cupcakes, birthday cake, cheesecake, chocolate milk, dark chocolate tart cherry walnut fudge (that last one is a keeper). 

I can ride a bike, run a mile, and take stairs. I fit in every seat made for a normal person, and don't buy plus size anything anymore. I rock a monokini at the beach. I have a 15 inch underbust and can wear a size 6 or small top in many cuts in many stores. And my husband can't keep his hands off me. 

I am currently weighing in at 175/176 and if I tried super hard for a week or two I could probably get to my goal of 165 but really I'm at a "who cares I'd rather eat this handful of salt and pepper kettle chips than weigh 12lbs less" point.

The DS has been incredibly freeing and awesome. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/18/10 11:05 am
Topic: RE: Protein - eyeballing portion sizes
 AN ounce of cheese. lol AS IF I would ever cut a serving that small. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/18/10 11:04 am
Topic: RE: After the weight comes off, will I look older?
 I got carded for the first time in my life (after being obese my whole life) at a rated R movie. It may have been the blue hair, and Superman teeshirt...but probably also it's the weight loss. 

Everyone keeps saying I look like a teenager. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/14/10 11:34 am
Topic: RE: I'll formally introduce myself since I'll be here a lot
 Welcome!

Contrary to rumors we don't bite..Well unless you have particularly tantalizing bacon perfume.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/14/10 11:26 am
Topic: RE: Joined the Century Club today!
 Whoo! Awesome!!

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/14/10 10:58 am
Topic: RE: Popcorn
 It's mostly air! 

I can eat even more if I shrink em down with a good dousing of butter. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/13/10 12:49 am
Topic: RE: Better than a Double Stuff Oreo
Yeah, especially since taking the weight off was somiserable pre-op. Broth, broth, broth, ooh an egg! Broth, broth, broth.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/13/10 12:01 am
Topic: RE: Better than a Double Stuff Oreo
 Nope, not a recipe. 

What's better than a double stuff oreo? How's about double century!

Woke up this morning at 179!

And incredibly close to goal too. But hell at this point, this far away from 200lbs and having lost 200lbs what the heck more could I ask for. Anything from this point on is just extra. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/12/10 1:23 am
Topic: RE: Still more AW pics-I can't believe I did this!
 Yay tattoo high fives!

Good for you, I say. You only live once, you have one body, blah blah blah fishcakes. It's very nice as well, he did a good job, crisp clear lines. 

It sucks that you were out of your normal location to get it though, building up a rapport with a shop is a good way to get easy appointments and discounts (Not that I'd want a discount tattoo but they certainly are more generous with returning customers as most of the people they see they never see again. 

I also think extending the notes would be great, at least to get "sunshine" in there in note form so that it makes a full sentence, if that's understandable. From what I gather from your explaination that's "You are my" right? (Hi I can't read music!)

I can't wait until the 24th, like our other lovely tattooed lady with the butterflies I'm getting a considerably large piece of dahlias in vibrant and varied colors and shapes all across my upper back. I have other tattoos but this is going to be like "A TATTOO". I have already stocked up on halter tops! Now all we need is some warmer weather >.>

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/11/10 8:10 am
Topic: RE: Question about salads
I'm not a great postop yardstick my stomach recovery was better than average. I ate a burger with lettuce and tomato at three weeks out.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/11/10 5:51 am
Topic: RE: Question about salads
I eat colorful and varied salads all the time, my current fav is mixed herb and greens with steak, feta, olives, and grape tomatoes. And while ymmv I'm pretty sure you will find you can eat certain greens (baby spinach is pretty universally tolerated it seems) if not all of them in moderation. You likely won't have to give them up forever if you have to at all.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/11/10 4:23 am
Topic: RE: Need to clarify 30 pounds ~
 Not only that but it's based on fudged mathematics and particularly f'ed up for tall people. 

"For a given height, BMI is proportional to weight. However, for a given weight, BMI is inversely proportional to the square of the height. So, if all body dimensions double, and weight scales naturally with the cube of the height, then BMI doubles instead of remaining the same. This results in taller people having a reported BMI that is uncharacteristically high compared to their actual body fat levels. In comparison, the Ponderal index is based on this natural scaling of weight with the third power of the height. However, many taller people are not just "scaled up" short people, but tend to have narrower frames in proportion to their height. It has been suggested that instead of squaring the body height (as the BMI does) or cubing the body height (as the Ponderal index does), it would be more appropriate to use an exponent of between 2.3 and 2.7."

It's basically statistical averages stretched out to all people and not taking into account many, many variables. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/11/10 4:13 am
Topic: RE: If Kerry can Do It at his age, then so can I.
 Well since you are looking so damned awesome and asked so nicely. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/10/10 11:26 am
Topic: RE: Double Century at 14.5 months - UPDATED with Before & After's
 Yay Beth. 

I told you before, and I'll say it again, just look at those graduation gown pictures. The difference is astounding!

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/2/10 12:18 pm
Topic: RE: what do you eat when you do not feel good ?
 I had strep throat and while my stomach was okay I felt like death and couldn't swallow. So what I "ate" was protein shakes, water and vites. Just like I did while healing. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/2/10 7:42 am
Topic: RE: "25 Stages of an OH DSer" by Nicolle (Damn Long!)
 Girlfriend, they totally hooked you up with the GOOOOD drugs. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/1/10 8:37 am
Topic: RE: I need good comebacks please.
 "Oh I take it you just got an advanced degree in Surgical weight loss and nutrition best suited to Duodenal Switch patients?"

"What you  didn't?"

"Then how about you shut the **** up"

The "Shut the **** up" part is what I consider to be the most important how you deliver it is up to you. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/1/10 8:25 am, edited 7/1/10 8:26 am
Topic: RE: Is it a big deal not to lose 100lbs. in six months?
 if you were 325, and your goal is 150 your Excess Weight is 175. 

You have lost 55% of your excess weight, MORE THAN HALF of the weight you have to lose. That's perfectly in line with your six month mark. 

Like Geo said, it's not a race. Even the percentages are not written in stone. We all lose at a different pace and have different amounts to lose. Do what you know you are supposed to, listen to your body and you'll get there when you're SUPPOSED to. :D

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/1/10 6:06 am
Topic: RE: It only took losing 197lbs
 I took it under advisement (the side by sides, especially since my last updated pic in my profile was in April)

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 7/1/10 2:34 am
Topic: RE: It only took losing 197lbs
 But I'm FINALLY Just overweight

And since current scientific data shows that there is relatively little difference medically and in longevity between normal and overweight  BMIs I'll take that as a super win over Super Morbid Obesity!

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/30/10 1:38 am
Topic: RE: For the newly post-op...Food, water, that kind of thing...YMMV
 Wants you to eat sugar free popsicles but also drink fruit juice?

Fat free yogurt! Fat free pudding! - fillers fillers fillers, Fat is tasty and when you take fat out of things it becomes not tasty (case in point peanut butter, oh lord) so in order to re-tasty things after removing the fat, they inject them with GARBAGE. 

Skim milk! - this just stupid ridiculous all the carbs none of the fat? I mean I get fats might upset newly arranged digestive tracts straight away which is why some surgeons recommend lower fat right off, but the lactose might get you too either way. But 1 percent or 2 percent is not even that high in fat and I wouldn't even really call whole milk that big of a deal either (8 oz = roughly 7.93 grams of fat if it was given a percentage it'd only be like 3.5%) 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 6/30/10 1:29 am
Topic: RE: For the newly post-op...Food, water, that kind of thing...YMMV
 I thought I was doing good getting 60oz of water daily (plus other fluids) turns out my kidneys are a little on the engh side at my year labs so now I'm bumped up to 80oz or more, but no less. I feel like I'm drowning. 

But yeah, there you go...drink drink drink. 

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Most Active
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 1 replies · 20 views
Recent Topics
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 1 replies · 20 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1093 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1269 views
Need help for my mom