Nopenname’s Posts

Nopenname
on 3/1/09 9:41 am, edited 3/1/09 9:41 am
Topic: RE: I think I've already changed my mind
Oh I'm committed. I started taking vitamins now in prep for my RNY vitamin necessity, Also, my surgeon has a very strict RNY diet (from what I hear one of the most strict like: no white stuff, not even skim milk) and I have already switched to the diet and I haven't even seen him one on one yet :D

I was just wondering if it was as difficult to maintain vitamin/mineral levels as it seemed from other places I had read. And the little Quick Chart I recieved from the seminar had DS listed as "Severe Malabsorbtion" it had me thinking that it was a constant fight to not be malnourished. Which! I am glad to see is not the case.
Nopenname
on 3/1/09 7:30 am
Topic: RE: I think I've already changed my mind
Hello!

I'm very much pre-op. I have my consultation scheduled with my surgeon on the 10th of March. I was pretty sure I wanted a Proximal bypass because the thought of dumping scared me. All my other issues with food aside, I like to cook and enjoy food as parts of daily life with my three children and husband.

So, I wandered over here to the DS board and am really starting to like the idea of this surgery. I have over 200lbs to lose at 407lbs right now. And the success rate and consequently the rate for long term sustained weight loss is very nice considering I'm relatively young (26 years old).

I just worry about vitamin deficiency and things like anemia or even osteoperosis long term. So, I was wondering have you had any problems with vitamin deficiencies? Was getting the right vitamin ****tail amounts difficult at first? Did you have to get shots of B-12 or anything else because oral vitamins didn't work?

I've checked out dsfacts and duodenalswitch.com and I've read lots and lots I guess at this point I'm just at that "first person account" stage in learning more about this surgery before talking to my surgeon in just a little over a week.

Thanks so much for your responses in advance. And hello to you all (this is my first post!)

Most Active
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 1 replies · 20 views
Recent Topics
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 1 replies · 20 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1093 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1269 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 519 views