Looking for a surgeon in the Orlando area

Christine S.
on 5/6/14 10:14 am

Hi all. Relocated about 2 years ago and am looking to have the sleeve done after a botched and removed lap band. When I look on this site there are no bariatric surgeons nearby. Does anyone know of anyone who is in the Orlando area? I did find one name - Dr. Beltre - but can't find him on this site anywhere. 

Any help is greatly appreciated! The lap band was a terrible experience for me (I know everyone has a different experience ...my surgeon for the band was TERRIBLE>..) so I am really leery of even investigating this option again but nothing else seems to be working and I'm at the end of my rope. 

Thanks all

Christine

Rforbes79
on 5/6/14 10:49 am

U can call ur insurance company Nd they can get ya docs in ur area 

Rforbes79
on 5/6/14 10:50 am

They can give u there names and phone numbers 

KalebJsGirl
on 5/13/14 11:43 am

Dr. Jawad at Orlando Health tel:1-866-635-2923

Lois G.
on 5/20/14 9:55 am - Ashland, PA

Dr. Beltre is awesome...infact if you get this before the 24th of may there is meeting in Ocoee that he usually attends....his office is in Altamont springs....and if you google him.........he is so nice and he really listens to you......4078306868 is his office number....hope you get to the meeting...if you send me your email address to mine I will forward the email that is sent monthly to us about the meeting..........I drive from Ocala area once a month for the meeting, it starts at 11 am and goes to 1. first half is post ops....second is with preops and postops....there is another doc there too...my email is [email protected]

Edi P.
on 5/29/14 10:36 am - Zellwood, FL

Hi Lois,  I'm new to the area (Zellwood) and have been looking for WLS support groups.  I hope I can send you an email and ask for the meeting information.  Thanks, Edi ([email protected])

Highest:  349
Lowest:  175
Surgeon's Goal:  189
My Goal:  A healtier happier me!! 

2014 update...regained but haven't lost faith.

Lois G.
on 6/3/14 9:30 pm - Ashland, PA

Hello.....don't know if I replyed before, but I know Dr. Beltre from going to his meeting in Ocoee monthly and also he is my doctor here since I moved from PA.....he is awesome......hope you can hook up with him......any questions or anything I can help with please don't hesitate to email [email protected]

snowiekate
on 7/12/14 1:49 pm - FL

Realizing that this is an older post - but I was VERY pleased with my surgeon, Dr. Radecke from Riverside Surgical in Sebastian, FL. They are about an hour and a half drive from Orlando (where I live), but for me, the care I received from Doc and his staff was well worth the drive.  I've lost almost 140 lbs in 13 months.

I am fairly sure they do revisions, as well.

Good luck!

~ snowiekate

High 307.2, Pre-liquid: 290.3, Surgery: 282.6

Surgery date May 31, with Dr. Radecke (Riverside Surgical in Sebastian, FL)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 289 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1332 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1335 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1477 views