Dr. Steinberg

Sleeva
on 1/6/12 6:24 am - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
Who has used Dr. Steinberg for the sleeve and how did it go?
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

curiouscat7
on 1/6/12 11:26 am
 I see you say you have Macik... I would stick with him... he is one of the top 4 docs in atlanta....

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
onemoretry
on 1/6/12 10:42 pm - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
CC, who are the other top 3? I would list Dr. Dennis Smith in that numbe, but curious about what you think.
curiouscat7
on 1/6/12 11:44 pm
 I really don't want to say since we all have different surgeons.... What I would look at is 

1) where do they have hospital privileges at....Northside and Emory Johns Creek are the two top Bariatric hospitals in Atlanta

2) Deaths....and lawsuits... a lot is available publicly about that and a lot is not... I had an friend who works for attorneys check out their backgrounds....

3) patient success ratio

4) availability to Dr. post op....Is the doc always on call? If you have an emergency will he be there for you? I have read horror stories about docs ignoring patients after the surgery....

Those are not emotional but looking at it in a logical, pragmatic way..... personalities, etc not need to be made when someone is cutting into you......

Again, this is my guideline I used and it served me well... I like Macik and he was there for me after I was in major car accident that was out of town 3 months after my surgery....The emergency room doc called him for a consult.... and was always there for me to talk to directly too.  He was amazing... I can't say enough.

CC

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
walterswife
on 1/10/12 11:46 am
I only know what I have read about Macik and have heard good things about him.

Dr. Steinberg performed my RYN surgery two years ago and I have been very happy with him and with the responsiveness of his staff.  He also removed my gallbladder a few months ago and Dr. Rashid performed breast surgery on me almost a year ago.  These docs are the best and I would trust them with my life.

Phone calls were always returned promptly and medical issues were dealt with appropriately.  I can't say eought good things about them.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Sleeva
on 1/10/12 5:56 pm - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
Thank you for your reply!
Most Active