Local Support Groups

bowlerchick
on 1/23/12 4:31 am - GA
Hey everyone!!  I'm looking for a local support group in the Middle Georgia area.  I am still in the pre op phase and I am require atleast 2 meetings before surgery but I also would like to attend after surgery.  Please let me know if you have any info, thanks!!!
GRIFFING83
on 1/28/12 12:48 pm - GA
I am looking for metro atlanta support groups.....anyone out there?!

Nick E.
on 2/4/12 3:02 am - Duluth, GA
 I am aware of two good Support Groups in NE Atlanta. The first is at Northside Hospital and the second is the one i attend each month at Emory Johns Creek Hospital. I am very happy with this one. i believe you can find meeting details searching on Atlanta Bariatric ...Let me know if you can't find it and i will research the actual URL.

onemoretry
on 2/4/12 5:32 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
I have not had surgery yet, but have been going to support group meetings at Atlanta Medical Center. In the Highland Athletic Club, education classroom 2R. I plan to go after surgery too, since this is closer for me.

Every Tuesday: 12:00-1:00
2nd Saturday of the month: 9:00-11:00
3rd Saturdayof the month: 11:00-12:30
Post Op Class is the 4th Thursdayof the month: 1:30-3:30
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

GRIFFING83
on 2/4/12 8:55 pm - GA

Thanks y'all....the Emory Johns Creek would be great if it wasn't so far. Atlanta Medical is super close to me, so maybe I'll try that one. And Northside might be a good option because that is where I am having surgery on Tuesday. Thanks for the info!!

Jeannie A.
on 2/5/12 2:41 am - Stockbridge, GA
Southside Weight Loss Surgery Support!   Welcome Friends to SOUTHSIDE WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY  SUPPORT GROUP; located at PIEDMOUNT  HENRY MEDICAL CENTER: 1133 Eagles Landing Parkway; Stockbridge, Georgia 30281. Meetings are held in the Education Building in the Foundation Board Room starting at 7:00 to 8:00 on the 4th Tuesday of each month.   Support information is facilitated by Dorothy Jean (Jeannie) Armstrong-Obesity Help Support Leader. Contact information email ([email protected]); (404)754-8801. Online support information (http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/jeannie_4759/ )   And   Deborah Turrell- Obesity Help Support Leader & Life Coach. Contact information, e-mail ([email protected]) (678)583-1015. Online support information ( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/kokomaui2000/ ).     We are here to help you along your JOURNEY and Better Health.   Piedmont Henry Medical Center does not support WLS, but has given us a place to give support to those in need. Here is the link to the class information that they post for us, (http://www.piedmonthenry.org/classes/supportgroups)     NEXT MEETING:   February 28, 2012   AT 7:00 PM   Please come and join us at our second meeting for 2012. Come and enjoy the meeting others that are in this JOURNEY together, for as we all walk in this new way of life that we have chosen. We are all making better decisions on all of our eating habits and ENJOYING A BETTER WAY OF LIVING.
Jeannie Armstrong   
OH Support Group Leader
RNY 07/27/06 
sw358/ cw 175/ qw 175 to 160

I have been blessed with God's Help!

For those in GEORGIA come and join us at PEDMONT HENRY MEDICAL CENTER in the EDUCATIONAL BUILDING in Foundation Board room the 4th TUESDAY of each month at 6:30pm.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/jeannie4759_group/tab,0/page,1/#my_groups_main:1

sherrygeorgia
on 2/10/12 9:35 am
 Are there any support groups in south Georgia??  I live between Waycross and Valdosta...I would love to hear about groups in south Georgia!!  I need support!  Thanks:)

nrhunt1972
on 2/20/12 12:14 am
 Looking for a support group in Conyers, GA area..
Roxy2974
on 3/5/12 4:11 pm - Austell, GA
I am starting a support group in Dekalb county, I will hold the 1st meeting in Stone Mountain. More info will be posted keep an eye on this board.

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
nrhunt1972
on 7/16/12 1:14 am
Have you started the support group in Dekalb County as of yet? If so, where is it located/what day and time?
Most Active