New here, recent sleeve surgery

Lynnette41
on 6/30/11 10:56 am - IA
Hi,
 I recently had gastric sleeve done, june 6th actually. I was in the hospital until june 12th. I thought i was doing ok, but then i started feeling very weak light headed and dizzy. I was sooo very tired all the time, i let that go on for a week or more and then the 25th it was just to much and i went to the ER. I was in renal failure and my blood pressure was very very low. Thankfully with the medicines and the fluids, as well as taking me off some blood pressure meds, lowering my insulin, and taking me off my water pill they were able to bring my creatine back down. I am home now but find myself terrified of what happened, happening again. I live alone and i dont know, it may seem silly but im for the first time afraid to be alone. I have been that way since the surgery. I was not prepared for that i guess. Well i will have more to talk about when i get better at knowing what im doing on here lol Just wanted to get my feet wet. 
Candy0081
on 7/1/11 3:56 am
 Sorry for the rough time.  It will get better hang in there!

SweetiePea
on 7/1/11 4:11 am - IA
Me too...sorry your having a rough time. Within the first two weeks I was having issues with being weak and lightheaded right after I start eating. I thought maybe it would be my bloodpressure though I haven't had any real issues with it. Called the nurse and we figured it was my blood sugar.

So..right now your body is trying to recover. Take it slow...very slow. Listen to your new friend and it will be just fine.

I'm over 5weeks post-op and feeling much much better now. Getting your strength back will be slow but you will feel SO much better as days go by. Just be sure to get your liquids in and protein.

We will always be here for you. I generally check in everyday to see how everyone is doing.

Good Luck... remember...sip sip, walk and rest then repeat.
Height - 4'10"

dlpfiff
on 7/12/11 8:16 am
I hope you are feeling better.  I have had a lot of problems with being overly tired and my problem is that I am getting dehydrated.  There is SO much to remember these days!  Looks like we both have the same surgeon.  :)
Lynnette41
on 7/12/11 9:08 am - IA
Your right about SO much to remember. Seems I'm always thinking about what i can eat, when i can eat, taken my meds my protein shake etc lol  Yep i had dr eibes for my surgreon. I have to do better with drinking my protein shake, i am also just constantly thinking "Am i losing weight?".  Even worried that when i get weighed the next time i will have gained weight, just because i have always gained. Thanks for contacting me., Keep in touch.
julsey
on 8/1/11 3:23 am
If anyone needs a friend to call....call me.  I haven't had my surgery yet, but am waiting for the date at the moment.  Dr. LaMasters is doing my surgery.  I will be having the sleeve done also.
Let me know.
my email is [email protected]
~Julie
Michele M.
on 9/8/11 1:43 pm - DES Moines, IA
I just had my sleeve done 8/15/11, And I have only lost 12lbs so far, and I alway's feel like i'am hungry, I don't know what I'am doing wrong, I'am drinking almost all my protean and water, dose anyone ealse feel this way?
Lynnette41
on 9/10/11 1:42 am - IA
Hello, 12 lbs is GREAT!!! Dr eibes said about ten lbs a month so your doing wonderful. I understand about thinking your doing something wrong  because you have lost "only" ( as you put it) 12 lbs. I was feeling that way too. I think its because we have been overweight for so long part of us wants the quick fix. We feel we should lose quicker. But its a process and not a fast one. We have to just take time to breath!! We have nothing to prove to anyone else. We did this for ourselves. So your not doing anything wrong. As for the feeling hungry i cant address that cause i haven't had that problem, but im thinking some of it may be your mind. We are so used to eating whatever whenever and its hard to not do that. Continue with your protein and water. I cant stress how important tha****er is!! I wish you the very best luck. Keep in touch
iowa_missie74
on 10/29/11 2:43 am - IA
When I first had my RNY done I felt like I was doing everything wrong! I would call my friend who had it done a year before me, crying like a baby asking her what I was doing. It was horrible. I had hit a plateau at just 2 weeks out of surgery and my dietician and nurse both told me as long as I was doing what I was to do, I was doing just fine. I kept pushing along and eventually at 4 weeks out the scale started moving again and just like overnight it seemed I lost 6 pounds. Eventually it will start coming off. Just keep doing what you're doing. As far as feeling hungry all of the time...I haven't had that but maybe drinking some v8 or tomato juice would help. It seems to be a bit heavier than something like water. Good luck, hope you get to where you want to be :)

percheron
on 9/9/11 12:29 pm
Hope you are doing better.  I was just sleeved August 30th and so excited to see where this takes me.  I know I have to work with it and be careful on the fluids and protein, but I'm willing!  Prayers that you are feeling stronger and doing well.

Most Active
Recent Topics