I'm so lost

stiles31611
on 3/21/11 12:46 am - Greenwood, IN
It's been a about a year since I have been on this site.  I am so fusterated with my weight loss (or nonweight loss).  I had the Lap Band done in Nov 09 and it has been a thorn in my side ever since, literally.  I lost 27 lbs at the beginning but have put 35 back on.  I know the band is a tool but it has completely failed me. 

But I am ready to get back on this weight-loss band wagon.  The only thing I am clueless as to where to start.  I could tell anyone else how to lose weight but when it comes to me, I have no clue...maybe thats why I never really lost any. 

Have any suggestions or ideas please let me know. 
severman
on 3/21/11 7:36 am - Indianapolis, IN
 Deciding to get back on the weight loss band wagon is the first start.  I would recommend to start back at the basics with food journaling and not eating and drinking.  I love this website, but also use another called myfitnesspal.com to track my food and exercise.   I would also contact your doctor.  I know a little bit about how the band works, maybe you need another fill.  This website is great for support.

I am 8 years post op and regained 90 pounds due to steroids.  I have been able to lose about 60 of those pounds through diet and exercise.  I've never been a runner, but just started doing a couch to 5k program to ready me for running a 5k.

I wish you the best in your journey.

Stephanie E
Cynthia Snyder
on 3/25/11 5:38 am - Butler, IN
Bless your heart! I am 5 1/2 yrs post-op (RNY) and feel your frustration. I, too, do not know much about the LapBand, but pull out your booklets or whatever training guides you were given at the beginning and reread to refocus. Like with any "tool" it WILL work if it is used! You are able to accomplish this! God bless you, Sweety! Keep in touch!
Cindy
Jo N.
on 3/30/11 1:35 pm - Crawfordsville, IN
Have you been maintaining your fills? The biggest part of the Lapband working is making sure you have a great relationship w/your surgeon's office & keep up with fills/unfills. Otherwise the band isn't going to work the way it was designed to work.

Whenever clueless on where to start, remember how you started your first day out of surgery - liquids (including water), increase in protein intake, & exercising.

But no matter what, to give up because you are worth being the best you can be!

Good Luck & Blessings!!!
Five+ YEARS WITH THE LAP-BAND( 8/31/05)
Highest Weight: 317/Surgery Weight: 267/Lowest Weight: 148
Currently Filled 1.4cc in a 4 cc band APBand
Panniculectomy w/psudeo TT proformed by Dr Bergman 10/8/2009
Need Help With Success? Read a Geneen Roth Book. "When Food Is Love!"

Most Active
Recent Topics