Feeling like I am failing!

karasjourney25
on 3/29/11 2:41 pm - IN
 So, I am 2 months post-op officially, I've gone from a high of 355 lbs to 287 lbs today, which I am so pleased about & feel a lot better. But this entire time I have been struggling to find a good routine, proteins & working out. I get myself worked up to do better the next day in trying to drink this protein crap, but then I cannot stomach it. For the past 2 weeks, I have been living off of vitamins & crystal light popsicles. I know this is not good, I have tried to increase my eating to normal or soft foods & I get sick, even looking at certain foods will make me dry heave. UGH! what is wrong with me?! I know I am not getting enough water in & feel like I should be on track with all of this by now. Also, I haven't been able to work out at all, took me about 3 weeks to recover fully from surgery, then I had gout which was horrible & I am still getting over. I want to be running by now! geez. Sorry for the ranting! 

http://www.youtube.com/karasjourney    
ProfileAddressSista
on 3/30/11 4:23 am, edited 4/6/11 7:21 am
I'm no doctor, and I certainly haven't gone through what you have.  Heck, I'm just at the beginning of my journey with plastic surgery and the MP Surgeons.  But I think as long as you are getting enough water in, and getting some calories, that's all you can hope for at the moment.  Take it one day at a time.  I've had a lot of friends that couldn't touch food for a while--especially heavier stuff. 
I want to be free, to post a funny status
siberiancat
on 4/1/11 8:18 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Got to get fluids, protein and vitamins in.  No choice - gotta do it.

Keep trying different proteins.  Go to www.vitalady.com to get samples of different brands and flavors.  They are $1.99 each.  Save you from buying tubs of things you don't like.

Drink protein drink from a sippy cup so you can't smell it.  Try your protein drink hot with some sugar free swiss miss hot chocolate or try unflavored protein in malt-o-meal, soup, broth, cottage cheese.

You can blend food and eat with a baby spoon.  Try for 2 oz.

You need to see the surgeon if you can't do the minimum or you will get sick.  Your body is robbing your muscle (your heart is a muscle) and bones and teeth to get nutrients because you are taking them in.  This is serious.

Get help..
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 7:07 am - Lafayette, IN
 it sounds to me like you are probably dehydrated. you MUST get your fluids in. dehydration can cause nausea. if you are that dehydrated then you need to contact your dr about getting some IV fluids. at 2 months you should be able to get all your fluids in and you should also be able to eat enough to get in 50-60 grams of protein. if it were me.... i would be calling the dr ASAP if you havent already. hope you get to feeling better soon.
Tweety_1
on 7/2/11 5:24 am
I have a friend in Colorado who has just had a terrible time of it. She lost way too much too fast. Please get in contact with your surgeon and let them know what is going on. You do not want to get into the shape my friend is in. Please try not to put it off!
Most Active
Recent Topics