Severe abd pain

Melissa H.
on 4/12/11 1:38 am - Danville, IN
Hello all. Seems like forever since I've posted on the boards. Life gets busy with 3 kids and a full time job. I am now almost 2 1/2 yrs post op RNY and have been doing well, maintaining a weight of 137-140 for the past year now. This week I began experiencing severe, debilitating abd pain. I left work Sat night/Sun Am and headed straight to Clarian North to the ER. CT and labs all fine. They quickly sent me on my way without even speaking to my surgeon or one on call. The pain has continued and again Sun night/mon am I had to leave work early. I have nausea and vomiting when the pain is really severe. I called Dr. Evanson's office on Monday and they made me an appt for Wed. But I am hurting so bad. I don't know what to think might be causing the pain. The pain gets worse when I'm up moving around. If I can just lay on the couch (hard to do with 3 kids), it is tolerable. It's kind of diffuse in my abdomen, hard to pinpoint an exact location, sometimes bad in the left upper abdomen. Sometimes hurts to take a deep breath. Any thoughts or anyone experience anything similar?
Surprise MIRACLE baby boy, Noah Andrew, born March 24, 2010

Check out my WLS blog at: www.melissawlsjourney.blogspot.com

karasjourney25
on 4/12/11 8:22 am - IN
 I'm so sorry to hear you are having so much pain, you definitely need to talk to Dr. E. Do you still have your gallbladder or appendix? 

http://www.youtube.com/karasjourney    
severman
on 4/12/11 12:51 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Keep a journal about your pain.  Exactly when did it start, what activities had you done prior, what had you eaten, what all makes the pain worse, does the pain move?  I live with daily abdominal pain they say is from adhesions.  I hate it when the ER just draws labs and controls you pain temporarily and then send you on your way!  Hoping they figure it out and fast!  Give us an update after your appointment.

Stephanie E 
Most Active
Recent Topics