Question about plastic surgery

dawn5311
on 6/30/11 1:02 pm - Plainfield, IN
I have not had my Gastric Bypass yet. I am waiting for a surgery date. I have a pulmonary doctor to see yet before they release me. I am very very concerned about extra skin and plastic surgery after weight loss. I have a lot of extra skin already on my belly and arms. I am fearful that it is going to get a LOT worse. I do not have the $$ to pay for plastic surgery. I was told by someone that the plastic surgery can be paid for by insurance if there is documentation showing a health realated problem/concern. Have you or anyone you know gotten their insurance to cover the plastic surgery after weight loss? If so what did they do? I have medicare and united health? Thanks so much.
Jujuvee
on 6/30/11 8:19 pm
Hi. Some insurances will pay and some will not. Your best bet is to have your doctor document all issues in regards to your skin, rashes, back pain...just in case

I am having a circumferential lift, and getting my ares done in November and it's 10 Thousand. My theighs and breast implants will be done next year at a cost of 12 thousand. I have lots of skin but united healthcare denied me.

Good luck.

HW 405- Pre op weight 374- Plastics weight 203 Current weight 194

Circumferential lift/Brachioplasty November 8, 2011

16.3 pounds removed.

Revisions + Thighplasty  October 23, 2012

Breast lift- Spring 2013

dawn5311
on 7/7/11 5:17 pm - Plainfield, IN
Thanks for sharing with me! I had a feeling about United Health. I don't know much about Medicare. I wish you much luck with your surgery in November. Wow, that is a lot of money. I don't know if I could save that much in the time I am thinking I would need it?! Always a chance though?! 

May I ask where are you going for your surgery? Take care Dawn
Jujuvee
on 7/7/11 5:22 pm
I'll be going to Wishard Hosital Dr Rajiv Sood. Yes it is a lot of money and they do not finance, all money is due 2 weeks before surgery day.

Some insurances are willing to pay if there is documentation of there being a medical reason as to why it needs to be done, and some just won't cover at all.

I would say to have everything documented and it's worth a try.

16.3 pounds removed.

Breast lift- Spring 2013

dawn5311
on 7/7/11 6:27 pm - Plainfield, IN
Thanks so much. Again I am pretty new at all this stuff. I wish you much success in reaching any and all of your goals by your next surgery date! Keep in touch. Dawn
Jujuvee
on 7/7/11 6:45 pm
Hope you get your Bypass date soon. Don't sweat the extra skin just yet.

16.3 pounds removed.

Breast lift- Spring 2013

geekgirl127
on 7/14/11 5:03 am - Indianapolis, IN
Even if they don't finance you should try to find a financing company if you need that route plenty do and my credit is horrible and I got approved (with a financial reference from my landlord) so there are options even if the doctor's office doesn't finance.
HW/SW/CW/GW = 371/352/168/130  - I love my DS!!

geekgirl127
on 7/14/11 5:05 am - Indianapolis, IN
They'll usually only pay for the skin removal not the full tummy tuck, I didn't get approved despite being told by three different plastic surgeons I have the largest "apron" they'd ever seen and it causing me all kinds of problems.  I wound up financing my plastic surgery cause I needed it that badly.
HW/SW/CW/GW = 371/352/168/130  - I love my DS!!

Most Active
Recent Topics