Question about OBGYN'S in Indiana...That are good with Gastric Bypass!

bethritter
on 6/29/11 2:34 am
I am 18 weeks pregnant and I am almost 3 years out of surgery!!!!! I am seeing Dr. Jessica Bell....I like her but i dont feel like she is very good with Bariatric Patients. I have cravings for sugar and she tells me to eat it because the baby wants it! I disagree so i called my Surgeon....and they told me dont do it and that i should be eating right and getting blood drawn alot to make sure i am not malnutrious at all. And none of this has been done!!! Also I am having an early Glucose test done and I cant drink the liquid for the test and my surgeon told me to tell them i need to drink 100% grape juice. But I was wondering I am from Mooresville Indiana and I was wondering if any of you had any advice on closer OBGYN'S that have alot of knowlodge with bariatric patients!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Beth!
Lynn5707
on 7/7/11 5:56 am - IN
Did you ask your surgeon? Perhaps they have names for you.

Good luck. (((hugs)))
Kim M.
on 7/26/11 12:43 am - Zionsville, IN
My ob is fab!! My daugher is one and he was great all thru my pregnancy.  He his located in Carmel so that might be to far for you.  If not let me know and I can pass along his ingo.

As for the sugar don't do it, you dont need it and it will only make you gain more weight that you will have to drop after the baby. 

For the glucose test, tell them you want an A1C, its a blood test that tells them the same thing as the liquid and you dont have to go thru that. 
Kim M     

Mom to Emily Quinn, Born 7-16-2010
Orginal Weight 258 / Orginal Goal 145 / Revised Goal 135/ Current 124
Orginal Weight 258/  Pre- Baby Weight 125 / Post Baby 124

Most Active
Recent Topics