anthem Medicaid question

adore9127
on 5/22/14 2:24 am

Hi I was wondering if anyone has had gastric bypass done while on Indiana anthem Medicaid. If so, what did you have to do and how hard was the process?

Terri M.
on 5/27/14 2:03 pm - Evansville, IN

I have the Healthy Indiana Plan/Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield.  I am scheduled for DS on June 12.  I went to surgeons seminar.  I had to have psychological evaluation and then the required pre op tests (mostly just blood work) required by the surgeon. Once everything came back good on that I got scheduled for surgery.  14 weeks from seminar to surgery.

Keeshaja
on 5/28/14 11:14 am
DS on 10/21/14

Hello Terri where did you go to have your psychological evaluation done?

Terri M.
on 5/29/14 10:55 am - Evansville, IN

At the seminar the surgeon gave us a list of psychologist that they would accept evaluations from.  None of them took Anthem and all of them were "out of network", so I just went with the one that is in the bariatric office.  It was $120.00.  The only other thing I had to pay out of pocket is the nutrition class.  Insurance doesn't cover it. It was $150.00.  Of course the surgeon is 4 hours away from me so I have also had to pay for a full tank of gas each time.  

Keeshaja
on 5/29/14 11:00 am
DS on 10/21/14

Thanks so much for replying, they are about four hours from me too how many times did you have to attend the nutrition class? I live in Michigan City Indiana So it's quite far for me too

Terri M.
on 5/29/14 3:53 pm - Evansville, IN

A total of 4 trips before the surgery.  1) Seminar 2) psychologist 3) pre op tests 4) nutrition class. Then of course for the surgery. Afterwards I plan on following up with surgeons office for a year then will probably start having my PCP order labs.

Keeshaja
on 5/29/14 10:35 pm
DS on 10/21/14

Thank you so much for replying you have been so helpful and congrats on your approval!

Keeshaja
on 6/11/14 9:50 am
DS on 10/21/14

Well Tomorrow is your RE-Birthday!! I'm happy for you And I cant wait to here how every thing went so keep me posted. I go to the seminar on June 17 and I cant wait. 

Terri M.
on 7/7/14 1:56 pm - Evansville, IN

Hi Keeshaja.  How did your seminar go? Which procedure are you going to have? Which doctor? Everything went great with surgery. Had a place that healed oddily in the stomach and had to have dilation done,Dr. Caccuci did it, I really liked her.  It was painless and an outpatient procedure.  At 3 weeks out I had lost 21 pounds.  I go for my one month follow up this Thursday.  

Keeshaja
on 7/7/14 11:08 pm
DS on 10/21/14

Hello Terri,  I'm glad to hear your recovery is going well that's great, Congrats !  The seminar went great, however it was Dr. Evanson seminar and I stated I wanted to have the DS, which isn't a surgery that he does. I put that information in my history paperwork, some how it was over looked. Long story short I have to attend Dr.Inman's seminar, however she is on vacation until Aug, her seminar is Aug 7, I plan on attending that one. In the mean time I did complete the other requirements my pcp faxed everything over on Thursday before the holiday and my psych evaluation is tomorrow, and I'm excited. Hopefully Dr.Stote doesn't make me jump threw to many hoops. 

Oh my 21 pounds in 3weeks is amazing!! I'm very happy for you. You'll be at your goal weight before you know it. 

I'm Still Loving, Still Praying and Still Dreaming....

Most Active
Recent Topics